The January email bulletin containing details of how to vote has gone out today to everyone who is a current BFS member. Emails inviting FantasyCon 2014 and 2015 attendees to vote are planned to follow from the organisers of those conventions.
If you’re a BFS member and you didn’t receive the bulletin, check your spam and bulk mail folders, and if you have no luck please contact the awards administrator and he will look into it.
Voting will end at midnight, 31 March 2015.
The planned schedule for this year’s awards is at present as follows:
- January–March: voting
- April: collation and checking of votes
- May: appointment of juries
- June: jury decisions on egregious omissions
- July 1 (if all goes to plan): announcing shortlists
- July: requesting reading copies
- August–September: jurors’ reading period
- October: awards presentation at FantasyCon 2015
Don’t forget that you can look for inspiration when voting to our suggestions list: http://tinyurl.com/suggestions2015
And if you have ideas of your own you can add them to the suggestions list via this form: http://tinyurl.com/suggestions2015
As ever the awards are subject to the rules of the British Fantasy Awards constitution: http://www.britishfantasysociety.org/the-british-fantasy-awards-constitution-ii/
A paper form is available for printing out (here), and that will be posted out to any members who request it.