Author Topic: New Member  (Read 7049 times)

paul magrs

« on: November 12, 2007, 06:11:39 pm »
hello everyone-

just joined the forum, and the society for the first time - rather belatedly.  but the only things i've ever joined before were the dennis-the-menace-and-gnasher fan club, and the society of authors. 
anyway, i'm paul magrs, and i write novels for adults and teens, kids and doctor who fans - and sometimes all of them, all at once.  everything i do is broadly in the fantasy area - taking in bits of all my favourite genres.  for adults i write what i'd call comic gothic fantasy - at least that's what i'm doing at the moment. 
my first novel was back in 1995 and it was a magical realist piece set on a north eastern council estate.  since then i've written about transvestites, time lords, pop stars, evil puppets, murderers, pyschics and vampires in manchester. 
i think i know a few people here on the forum and in the society, and i'm looking forward to being part of the community out there,

best,
paul magrs

Offline LeeH

• BFS Committee
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • BFS
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 06:50:06 pm »
Hey Paul!

Welcome to the forum (and the society).  Take a seat and make yourself at home - most of the teeth you'll occasionally see bared here are false...

I've almost finished reading Something Borrowed, and I'm loving it (even more than Never the Bride).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 08:22:02 pm by LeeH »
--------
FantasyCon 2014 Co-Chair

Offline Debbie

• Thaumaturge
  • x
    • View Profile
    • http://www.debbiebennett.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 07:11:54 pm »
Hi Paul

Recognise your name from book jackets and convention admininstration.

Welcome to the BFS!

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 09:12:41 pm »
Hi Paul, and welcome.

I must confess I'm the person who saw you at a recent Doctor Who book signing and asked you to sign "To the Devil - A Diva!" for me; only to be honest when you asked me if I'd read it by saying I hadn't! I still feel terrible about that - sorry! And I must admit, I still haven't read it - no time at the moment.  Sorry, again!  :'(
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

tamsyn

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 10:30:45 pm »
Hi how you doing! It is always great for me to meet real actual writers, makes it all seem possible.

You'll be glad to hear that Glasgow Libraries have some of your books, so consider one checked out next time I visit. Then I might have something more constructive to say!

Offline allybird

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • Allyson Bird website
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 09:21:19 am »

paul magrs

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 09:34:42 am »
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

xp

Troo

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 12:19:38 pm »
Caz? Hunting autographs? Never!  ;D

Welcome, Paul!

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 02:26:40 pm »
Caz? Hunting autographs? Never!  ;D

Regularly. Especially Doctor Who-related ones. I can't help being an anorak!  :'(
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk