Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 7245 times)

Jonny Nexus

Hi all!
« on: December 11, 2007, 12:06:18 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'd like to arrive saying something glib like "long-term lurker, new-time poster", but I have to confess that I only joined the society (under my real name, obviously!) a little while ago.

And while I'm in a confessional mood, I do need to add that part of my motivation for getting "out and about" as it were is that I've just published a humour fantasy novel. Yes, I am potentially that most annoying of creatures: a guy with stuff to sell and a desire to pimp it.

I should stress that I do genuinely want to be properly involved with the society. I'm a reader first and a (would-be) writer second, and as a sucker for getting involved in forum discussions I'm hoping to get sucked into some here.

At this point I'm not quite sure what either the board rules or ettiquette are about self-promotion, so I'll stay quiet for the moment until I figure out what's okay and not okay. (Or until someone asks, which isn't intended as a hint, although having typed it... I must admit it doesn't half look like one).

I was also planning on sending a promo copy to Prism, although again (yet more confessions) I haven't done that yet. (In my defence, we pretty much sold out the first limited batch at the convention I launched it at, so I'm waiting for more copies).

Oh well, that's about it.

Erm... Hi!

Peter

Re: Hi all!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 01:14:53 pm »
Hi Jonny

Welcome aboard (no pun intended), if you want a review done you can contact Craig Lockley. As you will notice people aren't particularly shy in here letting people know when they have something coming out so feel free to go ahead - something a little shorter than War and Peace would be nice though (personal preference there). We can also add your site to our link library if you let me know which of the two you would prefer.

Troo

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 01:15:17 pm »
It's a noob! Get him!  ;D

Welcome, welcome! You know we're lovely really ;)

Jonny Nexus

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 04:23:05 pm »
Welcome aboard (no pun intended), if you want a review done you can contact Craig Lockley.

Will definitely do so.

As you will notice people aren't particularly shy in here letting people know when they have something coming out so feel free to go ahead - something a little shorter than War and Peace would be nice though (personal preference there). We can also add your site to our link library if you let me know which of the two you would prefer.

Well I can certainly make a (shortish) forum post if that would be allowed. Where would be the most appropriate place to post it?

Jonny Nexus

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 04:23:48 pm »
It's a noob! Get him!  ;D

Welcome, welcome! You know we're lovely really ;)

Thank you. Glad to be here.  :)

tamsyn

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 10:41:54 pm »
is that a ghostly monkey in your avatar?  :P

Jonny Nexus

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 09:20:10 am »
No, it's an alien embyro. In a jar. (Not a real one, obviously). I took the photo on a cheap webcam and made it black and white because I wanted to get that crude "1950's Roswell fake" look.

Why? Well some nine years ago, when I first did Critical Miss (my webzine), I set up a fake "persona" with that picture and the following biography:

Jonny was stranded on Earth whilst still a fetus when his birth-parents spaceship crashed, and has since worked hard, with only limited success, to integrate himself into human society. He is currently employed as a computer programmer in the City (of London).

Jonny's major problem in life is apathy. He would do something about it, but he can't be arsed. Sad to say, Critical Miss magazine is about the most significant creative work he's ever actually managed to complete. (If you've already read the magazine you'll realise how pitiful this is).

I have since emerged blinking into the daylight, as it were...

http://www.jonnynexus.com/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:22:43 am by Jonny Nexus »

tamsyn

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 12:46:08 pm »
"Jonny's major problem in life is apathy. He would do something about it, but he can't be arsed."

Mine's close, it is general laziness.

Jonny Nexus

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 01:00:36 pm »
Mine's close, it is general laziness.

As yes, but mine's a condition.

tamsyn

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 12:31:03 pm »
Laziness is probably more a way of being.

Offline CraigLockley

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Knifesedge PBeM RPGs
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 12:36:58 am »
Welcome Jonny!

As Peter said, if you do want a review done, drop me a line at
bfsreviews@gmail.com

Craig
BFS Indie Press and RPG Reviews Editor