Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises...  (Read 5176 times)

Dylan68

The Dark Knight Rises...
« on: July 19, 2012, 03:21:56 pm »
is out tomorrow.

*please be good!*

Dylan68

Re: The Dark Knight Rises...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 05:32:00 pm »
Hmm... it's not that great I'm sorry to say. The voices are very unclear and it's very pretentious considering it's a comic book film.

I wish one day someone would make a Batman film that's got Batman in it for +80% of the time.

Offline jim mcleod

• Bletherskite
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • The Ginger Nuts of Horror
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 07:34:27 am »
To be honest, I got bored with the previous one, I'll catch it on Lovefilm when it comes out on DVD

Offline Jay Eales

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Factor  Fiction
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 10:07:04 pm »
Hmm... it's not that great I'm sorry to say. The voices are very unclear and it's very pretentious considering it's a comic book film.

I wish one day someone would make a Batman film that's got Batman in it for +80% of the time.

To be honest, I suspect that if they did, it'd end up being a bloody awful film! The trilogy that Chris Nolan wanted to make was all about the characters. Batman himself is a cipher. There's an argument to be had that Batman is the person and Bruce Wayne the mask he wears - in fact, Nolan mentions it across the trilogy himself a few times, but all the major characters have different levels to them. And actors capable of pulling that off. Can you imagine an hour of Batman growling and posturing? <shudder>

It's not perfect by any means, but I think it works as a fitting end to Nolan's take on Batman. I still prefer The Dark Knight, though.

Jay

Stu

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 08:01:50 pm »
It's very long, has some plotholes, Bane needs subtitles at various points and some of the summer blockbuster style action scenes don't really fit in with the serious tone of the story but it's still a good film. I much prefer Nolan's version of Batman to the Burton version.

Dylan68

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 05:05:05 pm »
I concur - TB's Batman films haven't aged well at all.

Stu

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 05:41:33 pm »
To be fair Nolan's version may well look horribly dated in twenty years time. Mind you, I always hated the Burton films.