Author Topic: And Introducing...  (Read 4910 times)

kymrukatz

And Introducing...
« on: October 02, 2008, 05:34:40 pm »
I'm just wondering if anyone remembers me. I was a member of BFS B.I. (Before Internet) -- a long time ago... I had the privilege of being the first female speaker at FantasyCon (and I can't remember what year that was, so don't ask)(it was in Birmingham...) and I was delighted to repeat the experience later with The Female in Fantasy. That was in Coventry...

I was also responsible for BodoMan of Sor, one of the first BFS publications. I imagine it's a collector's item now...

Anyway, I'm now the co-author of the first two in a fantasy series. Tribute Trail and War Trail, are published by Cerridwen Press as e-books. Don't be put off by the website, though...

So, I'm back.

Terri Beckett

Troo

Re: And Introducing...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 06:47:27 pm »
Hi Terri,

I'm sure we have members who remember you, so don't fret :)

And from me? Welcome back!

Offline Mike Chinn

• Thaumaturge
  • Cavy Slave
    • View Profile
    • Displacement Activity
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 08:58:01 am »
I'm just wondering if anyone remembers me. I was a member of BFS B.I. (Before Internet) -- a long time ago... I had the privilege of being the first female speaker at FantasyCon (and I can't remember what year that was, so don't ask)(it was in Birmingham...) and I was delighted to repeat the experience later with The Female in Fantasy. That was in Coventry...

I was also responsible for BodoMan of Sor, one of the first BFS publications. I imagine it's a collector's item now...

Anyway, I'm now the co-author of the first two in a fantasy series. Tribute Trail and War Trail, are published by Cerridwen Press as e-books. Don't be put off by the website, though...

So, I'm back.

Terri Beckett

I remember you, Terri - and Bodoman (cor, collectors item, eh - hope so, my copy's still pristine ... ish). Welcome back
Mike Chinn

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 09:01:49 am »
Welcome back, Terri, from another BFS / Fantasycon veteran.
And yes, still have my Bodoman. And Longbore. And Epic Pooh. And...

Offline allybird

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • Allyson Bird website
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 06:27:55 pm »
Welcome back!

Martin Roberts

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 06:35:47 pm »
Greetings from a relative newbie Terri and a warm welcome back to the BFS!

Tarnmaster

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 09:58:59 pm »
I joined today to say "Hi" to the originator of Bodoman of Sor ... being a collector of John Norman ( and others of course )and having a diverse library of his books from all publishers and editions, as well as a few hundred signed copies, Bodoman was of special interest when I came across it while searching for books by Norman ... I will boast that I have about 25 copies here now from well-read to seemingly unread condition ... best wishes in your present and future endeavors ...