Author Topic: Tim Jeffreys - weird stuff  (Read 3916 times)

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
Tim Jeffreys - weird stuff
« on: October 07, 2008, 07:56:18 pm »
Have any of you come across a writer called Tim Jeffreys? (in fact, if he's on this board, I'm probably going to embarrass him now!) I came across him by chance a few weeks ago - on eBay. He appears to be self-published only - I can't find anything by him which has been professionally published - and that's a damn shame as he's absolutely brilliant!

He was selling a couple of audio CDs of his short stories, plus a book. I've now got them all! The writing's amazing. Very short, very strange, haunting and often quite beautiful stories. The nearest writing I can compare it to (and now I know I'm going to embarrass someone who is definitely on this board!) is DF Lewis. I honestly didn't think anyone else could write like you, Des - but this guy can!

Anyway, if you're into weird short fiction check out Tim Jeffreys' eBay seller id: jakemoz. The CDs are well produced, recorded at a proper recording studio, read by actors, and with amazing cover artwork (especially "The Secret Season"). The book - "The Garden Where Black Flowers Grow" - is published through Lulu. Unfortunately, a number of typos have slipped through, which is a pity.

So, I really hope some publisher will pick up this guy's work - he deserves to be published.
 8)
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline David A. Riley

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • rileybooks
Re: Tim Jeffreys - weird stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:24:01 am »
You cannot de-unique the unique.

There can only be one D. F. Lewis. You know that, of course.

Thanks for the info, though.  ;D Will check it out.

David

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »
You cannot de-unique the unique.

There can only be one D. F. Lewis. You know that, of course.

Yes, I certainly didn't mean to "de-unique" Des, obviously.  :D  But I was simply amazed to find someone else whose writing I enjoyed just as much. Tim Jeffreys certainly isn't trying to copy Des' style - he's got a definite style of his own - but I really didn't think that anyone else could provide such powerful and lasting imagery with so few words.

DFL

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 08:55:23 am »
The nearest writing I can compare it to (and now I know I'm going to embarrass someone who is definitely on this board!) is DF Lewis. I honestly didn't think anyone else could write like you, Des - but this guy can!

Good luck to him. Thanks for the tip-off. Hope he deservedly makes more money from his writing than I ever did.  ;D

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 11:41:58 am »
I get the feeling from his writing, Des, that he's clearly writing the way he wants to write/enjoys writing, rather than trying to make money from it. If he was trying to make money, he'd be doing long, market-oriented novels, rather than really short weird fiction, I reckon!  :D

No, his writing gives the feel of someone who's doing it for the love of writing - just like yours does!