Author Topic: A Podcast Of Impossible Things  (Read 2613 times)

sink_plunger

A Podcast Of Impossible Things
« on: October 10, 2008, 04:10:44 pm »
Join us for a very special edition of A Podcast Of Impossible Things, as we celebrate the latest short story anthology from Big Finish - Short Trips: How The Doctor Changed My Life, featuring our very own Caleb Woodbridge!

We have lots of interviews, including Michael Coen, overall winner of the competition, the full text of which can be read here, along with contributions from many of the other writers. We also turned up at the FantasyCon to speak to editor Simon Guerrier about the unique way in which the anthology was created, as well as his own ascent from the slush pile to publication. Plus, Doctor Who writer Robert Shearman chatted to us about his own new short story collection, Tiny Deaths.

And as if that wasn't enough, we launch our very first competition, with three copies of How The Doctor Changed My Life up for grabs. The closing date is 25th October, and full details are given in the podcast.

We've also made the local press! The South Wales Echo ran a story on How The Doctor Changed My Life, including a mention of the podcast, though it must be pointed out that contrary to the description given, it's not just Caleb's podcast!

Click here to listen!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:42:37 pm by sink_plunger »

sink_plunger

Re: A Podcast Of Impossible Things
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 12:44:06 pm »
The Sarah Jane Adventures - Series 2!

Join us for our first spin-off commentary, as we investigate the return of "The Sarah Jane Adventures", starring Elizabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith and Yasmin Paige as Maria Jackson.

How does the show hold up against Doctor Who, and how can it find its place in the ever-changing children's market? And just where is Arnold Swarzenegger when you need him?

For the direct link, Click Here

Offline allybird

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • Allyson Bird website
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 02:02:42 pm »
Thanks for the info!
And in respect to the post after that - my young daughter will want to listen to the Sarah Jane stuff with me later  :)

sink_plunger

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 04:07:13 pm »
Hi Allybird.  Let me know what you both think!

sink_plunger

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 11:10:33 am »
Part 2 of our Sarah Jane Adventures commentary is now online.  Will Sarah and the team defeat Kaargh, and will the podcast team actually be able to stay on topic?  Click HERE to find out.

Plus, stay tuned for our on-the-spot report from Russel T Davies' recent book signing, and an interview with Melissa Beattie, the brains behind Cardiff University's forthcoming Whoniversal Appeal conference, featuring World Fantasy Award winning writer, Robert Shearman (who some of you will have met at this year's FantasyCon).  The Impossible Podcast team has also been invited to take part, and we'll have unparalleled access to all the discussion panels, papers and gossip.

sink_plunger

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 12:37:18 pm »
I've got two updates for you today.

First of all, the winners of our Big Finish Competition are announced, and we take a less than serious look at the rumours surrounding the casting of Doctor number 11.

http://podcastofimpossiblethings.blogspot.com/2008/11/11th-doctor-speculation-special.html

Secondly, we get up close and personal with Russel T Davies at the signing of his behind-the-scenes book, "The Writer's Tale".  We review the book, speak to fans about its revelations, and even get a few brief words from the big man himself!  And as if that wasn't enough, we speak to Melissa Beattie, the brains behind this weekend's Whoniversal Appeal conference in Cardiff.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/APodcastOfImpossibleThings/~5/445446624/aPIT_RTDSigningSpecial.mp3

sink_plunger

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 08:05:41 pm »
Hello folks,

As you may have noticed (well, I hope some of you have noticed!), things have been a bit quiet on the Podcast Of Impossible Things front of late.   I'm afraid a serious technical glitch rendered everything we recorded impervious to our editing software!

Everything seems to have been sorted out though, and we've finally started clearing some of the backlog.

First up for your delectation is the next installment of our Series 1 retrospective: The Unquiet Dead. This was going to be our seasonal offering, and it includes a look ahead to "The Next Doctor" which is obviously a bit past its sell by date now. We even have an exchange of Christmas presents! So, if you want to know what Santa had in stall for us, follow the links below:

Blog: http://www.podcastofimpossiblethings.blogspot.com/

Download: http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/APodcastOfImpossibleThings/~5/530739444/aPIT_1.03_TheUnquietDead.mp3

Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=13429156745

We'll have more online this week, including our post mortem of "The Next Doctor" and our in-depth, expert, totally indispensable predictions of just what direction the new production team might take with Series 5.

sink_plunger

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 01:41:55 pm »
Well, we promised we'd get it online, and here it is; a discussion of just what sort of changes might be in store for Doctor Who as Matt Smith takes up the mantle of the titular Time Lord and Russel T. Davies regenerates into Steven Moffat.  Will we see a shift in tone?  What sort of character can we expect the youngest Doctor ever to grace our screens to have, and what sort of companions will accompany him?  All this, a brand new look to the blog and, er... Disney's High School Musical, in the latest Podcast Of Impossible Things!

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/APodcastOfImpossibleThings/~5/535546880/aPIT_opinion2_MattSmith.mp3