Author Topic: 'Gothique Film Society'  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
'Gothique Film Society'
« on: January 09, 2004, 09:25:10 pm »
I know a lot of people here love the horror and fantasy films so here is a society that digs out those rare ones.

This was posted on the British Horror Film Board by Darrell Buxton and then edited by me. Sadly some of the events have passed by but I thought I'd leave them on to give you a taster.

Gothique Film Society

The Gothique is far too archaic an institution to have anything like a website, which is one reason why we members love it so much, I suppose!

Anyway, here's the full run-down of the current programme, some of which you've already missed:

Friday October 17th - THE THIRTEENTH CHAIR (1937) plus FACE OF FIRE (1959)
Friday November 14th - LATIN QUARTER (1945) plus LADIES IN RETIREMENT (1941)
Friday December 12th - THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD (1935) plus SCROOGE (1935)
Friday January 16th - THE GAUNT STRANGER (1938) plus FOUR SIDED TRIANGLE (1952)
Friday February 13th - THE CLAYDON TREASURE MYSTERY (1938) plus DEATH TRAP (1976)
Friday March 5th - THE QUEEN OF SPADES (1948) plus TANGLED EVIDENCE (1934)
Friday March 19th - THE GHOST OF ST. MICHAEL'S (1941) plus WOMAN EATER (1957)

You can become a member for ?15.50 and gain free entry to all the shows, or attend as a member's guest for ?6 per double-bill. For further info, contact Robin James at 75 Burns Avenue, Feltham, Middlesex TW14 9LX. The Gothique shows are held at Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, London WC1, and shows usually start at 7 p.m. although the regulars normally meet up at around 6 o'clock for an hours worth of chat, video/DVD swapping, etc.

Wayne.

If anyone has been to any shows let us know what you reckon.