Author Topic: Black Static  (Read 28778 times)

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
Re: Black Static
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »
I've just completed my real-time review of the five stories in the new issue of BLACK STATIC, i.e. #21
including one story inspired by 'The Yellow Wallpaper' and another by Peter Cushing in
Frankenstein films.
http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/2011/02/26/black-static-21/

MY WEBSITE: www.nemonymous.com

Offline Roy

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2011, 08:53:32 PM »
Cheers Des. Your real time reviews are intense, immediate and very personal. I wonder do you think they would be very different if you read the stories under different circumstances eg on train journey, from an ebook or online?

Offline Roy

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2011, 08:44:17 PM »
Black Static 22 is out now and has short fiction from two authors who also have their new novels in the Peter Tennant's Case Notes reviews section. Burying Brian by Steven Pirie (with interview), Frankenstein's Prescription by Tim Lees (with interview).
More on the issue with titles, teasers and art here.
This issue and Interzone's latest, and lots of other TTA goodies, will be on sale at Eastercon this weekend.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 08:50:22 PM by Roy »

Offline David A. Riley

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • rileybooks
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2011, 10:48:33 AM »
Just got my copy in the post this morning. I look forward to reading it over the Easter weekend.

Offline Roy

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2011, 12:02:14 AM »
The 2011 World Fantasy Award nominations have been announced, and Mercurio D. Rivera's 'Tu Sufrimiento Shall Protect Us' from Black Static #18 is up for the Short Story Award. Download Mercurio's story for free from the TTA Press website along with Richard Butner's 'Holderhaven' (from Crimewave 11: Ghosts) which is shortlisted for a Shirley Jackson Award (Novelette) for outstanding achievement in the literature of psychological suspense, horror, and the dark fantastic.

Plus 4 Black Static authors and an interviewee at Waterstones in Deansgate, Manchester (UK) on Saturday, August 13 7:00pm - 8:30pm

Ramsey Campbell, Gary McMahon, Joel Lane, Conrad Williams and Tom Fletcher discuss urban horror. There will also be readings by each author.
Also on Facebook

Black Static 24 line up with Ramsey Campbell.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:04:15 AM by Roy »