Author Topic: Introduce yourself...  (Read 166154 times)

Dave Cook

Introduce yourself...
« Reply #450 on: December 09, 2004, 09:13:00 pm »
Yikes, James, that's one Elizabethian, I'll wager, who likes to keep an eye out for the ladies.  :wink:

Chris, yeah, 'ol Marina would have helped you while away an hour or two. She might even have given you something for your troubles... like a rash or something.  :P  

Dave.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Introduce yourself...
« Reply #451 on: December 11, 2004, 02:55:46 pm »
Hello James. How is the Warhammer project going? It looks like I maybe getting another panel together. It's connected with the expansion of Warhammer, esp. with the RPG being done by Green Ronin under GW's Black Industries banner. I will get you sooner or later James.

Like the zombie. It reminds me of another favourite artist Les Edwards. I hope you get more of your stuff in print, it really is quality.

Well I hope you bookmarked her site it's now gone. I feel like a right party pooper.  :( Do you think they sell cigs as well?

James do you have a link from the main page? If not give me or someone else a shout on the BFS committee.

Be the way anyone got ant views on the society? Anything you'd like to see for the future. Give me a shout.

Dave, about newcastle. Under Gullet you looked finished. Under Sir bobby I don't think you were going down but I think he had taken you as far as he could. Well we ran 'Borough close, Viduka does not score for ages and bags 2. Ho Hum. At least Shaun's little brother scored.

Well I don't feel too bad. I've been eating chocolate from my Buffy advent calendar. Very seasonal.  :wink:

Wayne.

Chris Teague

Introduce yourself...
« Reply #452 on: December 11, 2004, 04:33:02 pm »
Wayne, Buffy advent calendar?  There's a spot of irony in that comment somewhere, considering the good ol' godfearing folk condemned Buffy for promoting evilness in young impressionable minds. ;)

Dave, rash would be one thing... finding out if Marina was infact Markus would be another.  :shock:

Offline James

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jamesryman.com/
Introduce yourself...
« Reply #453 on: December 11, 2004, 05:43:15 pm »
Hi Wayne,

I was scheduled to work on the Green Ronin GW project but had to pull out due to other commitments. I've been doing some art for the Colectible Card Games, the War Cry and Hourus Heresey sets.

I was looking at some Les Edwards work with a mate of mine yesterday. A book published by Games Workshop, I think around 1989 (?) Can't remember the name of the book now but the work was terrific.

I have a link on the BFS links page, is that what you mean?

Today I've been working on some more Call of Cthulhu art for that CCG too.  Creepy, weird characters and Monsters. Sweet :D

James.

Dave Cook

Introduce yourself...
« Reply #454 on: December 12, 2004, 08:58:28 pm »
Wayne, the only thing Gullet finished was team spirit, having picked fights with Shearer, Rob Lee, and several others. When he eventually resigned, after dropping Shearer for the local derby with Sunderland and losing that as well, even you or I could have walked in and got that team up and running again.  :wink:

Chris, I think I mentioned it elsewhere, but Stu's book, The Mask Behind The Face arrived here yesterday. It looks great! Folks who haven't yet ordered the book just don't know what they're missing.

Meanwhile, I should warn anyone in the Manchester area that my daughter, Victoria Cook, will be performing her usual comedy and song routine at the Retro Bar, on 15th December from 8:30 onwards. For details and photo (playing a guitar while looking like a dustman!), click this link, go to the Reviews page, and check out the review for 7th April 2004.

Dave.

Chris Teague

Introduce yourself...
« Reply #455 on: December 12, 2004, 09:14:13 pm »
Dave, I take it your daughter writes/composes her own material?  If I was in Manchester I'd pop along... the very thought of standing in fornt of an audience gives me the willies.

As for the plug, cheers. :)

Dave Cook

Introduce yourself...
« Reply #456 on: December 13, 2004, 09:41:30 am »
Chris, Victoria does indeed write her own material. She's a bit different from the norm, that's for sure. :wink:

As for standing in front of an audience, I'm like you - just the thought of it scares me to hell.

Oh, and the plug is deserved!

Dave.

Chris Teague

Introduce yourself...
« Reply #457 on: December 13, 2004, 09:51:39 am »
I notice the spammers are back... quite clever this one, in the form of a board discussion/query.

You should get a CD pressed of her recordings Dave.

Dave Cook

Introduce yourself...
« Reply #458 on: December 13, 2004, 12:45:14 pm »
Chris, it's funny how these spammers seem to have a thing about mother Russia. Years ago, as a plumber, I had the dubious pleasure of working on a couple of Russian ships after they'd entered dry dock for repair. One ship in particular had so much antenna sprouting from the mast that it looked like something from a James Bond film. Anyway, the crew didn't seem to think much of my plumbing - the bosun accused me of being a cop!  :roll:

One of these days I'll get sorted and get Victoria down on CD. 'Tis early days, of course. In the last couple of weeks I think she's been doing something with Radio Manchester. Like I say, she gets around.

Dave.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Introduce yourself...
« Reply #459 on: December 13, 2004, 01:29:16 pm »
Interesting Spamski for sure. Pineapples?

Dave I would love to see your 'dustman' dressed daughter but I have a works 'do' that day. It starts at mid-day so I should be wrecked by the time the show starts. I see there is a performance in March, so I'll try and make that one.

Gullet was a real 'mare for you. Our problems have always been about money. Some managers have been better than others but each one since about 1980 has had little chane. Keegan has had the most money, we are now ?62 million in debt, the amount is still not as much as quite a few teams, even if the debt it. At least we are not playing Stockport and Oldham at the moment. Wonder where the money for Maine Rd. went?

I'm looking forward to hear christopher lee reading old horror tales on radio 2 this year. Anything you lot are looking forward to?

Cheers,

Wayne.

Chris Teague

Introduce yourself...
« Reply #460 on: December 13, 2004, 03:05:51 pm »
Wayne, Chris Lee reading old tales on R2?  I missed the readings on BBC2 last year.  I'll make sure I catch these.

Dave, plumber, IT journalist, novellist, screenwriter... I can see that as you're getting older, so the jobs are becoming more sedate.  Don't blame you. :)

I've had enough of loading/unloading lorries of everything from axle parts and tyres to three-piece suites... but the office life doesn't half put the pounds on. :( Mind you, there's such a wealth of characters to fall back on working in factories - I've probably consciously or subconsciously based a few characters in the handful of stories I've written on those old workmates.

Dave Cook

Introduce yourself...
« Reply #461 on: December 14, 2004, 12:04:22 am »
Nice one, Chris! If I grow any more sedate than I am now, I'll be pushing up the daisies.  :P

You're right about the character thing. When it comes to the the folk who work on the buildings, in the shipyards, or in the factories, there's a certain richness about them that's great for dabbling with in any type of story, never mind horror. It might be a hard life, but you pick up a good few laughs along the way.

Wayne, never fear, our teams will get there in the end? as long as 'there' doesn't mean the old first division, Championship League or whatever they like to call it nowadays.  :wink:  ?62 million is a lot of money, though, and I have to say that I feel a mite sorry for the bloke who eventually takes over from Keegan.

As for Newcastle, well, things are going to get worse before they get better. Both Robert and Bernard are apparently on their way in January, along with Dyer. And the long-suffering fans? Well, they're baying for Shepherd's blood because he didn't sack Robson in the summer, instead of waiting until we were four games into the season, thereby leaving us with manager like Souness, whose credibility in these parts is withering fast.  :roll:

Dave.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Introduce yourself...
« Reply #462 on: December 14, 2004, 01:54:40 pm »
The Chris Lee tale I'm looking forward to is The Monkey's Paw. The ending is classic, the mother's love that forces her to try and open the door.

I've got to admit, some off the odd jobs I've had brought me in contact with some wonderful characters. The place I've seen the most though is in the pub, and not just when I've in them. Sadly a number of the old fashioned boozers are going but there are still enough in Manchester.

I agree with you about the way Shepard got rid of Robson. he should have either waited 'til next summer or done it last. Dyer has never really done it for you. Always flattered to decieve, and his petulance and lack of grace has been is down fall, it was only a matter of time. Robert is an odd player, typical winger really. Flashes of brilliance. souness does not seen to get on with wingers. Can't really say much about Bernard, the player has never really stuck in my mind.

I've seen us in the 2nd, Old 3rd, now 1st. (Confued?) It was an adventure but not one I would like to repeat. Though it looks like we could be playing Wigan again.

Well hopefully I will get some reading and writing done over Xmas, especially since nadia is away at her parents in Portugal. Do get the feeling I may just end up in the pub.

Wayne.

Dave Cook

Introduce yourself...
« Reply #463 on: December 14, 2004, 02:41:56 pm »
Dunno what it is about our French connection, but sooner or later they all want to escape the Toon. It's not as if they're top players, either. Even Sylvain Distan couldn't wait to leave for City, despite us being in Champions League at the time.

Being French (and soft), it's probably because the North East is way too cold for 'em.  :wink:

Dave.

Chris Teague

Introduce yourself...
« Reply #464 on: December 15, 2004, 12:01:10 pm »
... they're still annoyed about having a British architect designing that new bridge... ;)