Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 57171 times)

Offline Johan Fundin

• Initiate
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
    • FantastikThrillerSpace
Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #300 on: December 18, 2016, 06:41:24 PM »
Gearing up for Christmas, I saw, last night, Todd Nunes's multiple-award-winning All Through the House. It's one of the goriest and most violent slasher films around, and arguably the bloodiest Christmas horror film to date. High body count and gruesome death scenes, the new film from Todd Nunes is not to be missed by horror fans.

Offline Djibril

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Future Fire
« Reply #301 on: December 18, 2016, 07:50:38 PM »
Apart from Rogue One (which I won't talk about here because it's new and too hard to talk about without spoiling) the last fillem I saw in the theatre was The Girl with All the Gifts, a truly horrifying post-apocalyptic-slash-zombie story with a deceptively YA-themed start. Acting and effects were excellent for a low budget film, and characters were compelling, surprising, and relatable.

It's a telling fact that when this movie—which started with a classroom of children chained and abused in a dystopian underground military prison—ended, I turned to my cinema companion and said, “Well, that ended up a lot darker than I expected.” 8)

Offline Djibril

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Future Fire
« Reply #302 on: January 05, 2017, 12:26:07 AM »
Actually, I completely forgot but I did see two other fillems in the theater in between GWATG and Rogue1:
  • Train to Busan, which was a cut above your average zombie movie, originality-wise. (And I like zombie movies. :) ) But the "human interest" was also cheesy as fuk—but maybe it worked? At one especially saccharine moment I turned to my cinema buddy making vomit gestures with finger in mouth, and she was crying. Oops.
  • Arrival, the incredibly sophisticated and high quality movie based on (appropriately enough) the incredibly sophisticated and high quality novella “Story of Your Life” by Ted Chiang. Enjoyed this one, although someone in the editing department seems not to have figured out that the ending couldn't be a twist! Heartbreaking too. Like life, always, eventually.