Author Topic: The Queen of Sinister  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Chadbourn

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.markchadbourn.net
The Queen of Sinister
« on: March 20, 2004, 08:38:17 pm »
Just to let everyone know my new book is out in hardback and tradepaperback from Victor Gollancz.

It is, as the publicity says, ?an evocative and awe-inspiring contemporary fantasy with strong links to Arthurian and Celtic myth.?

From the blurb: ?As our modern world reels from the sudden return of magic, the plague strikes without warning.  Nothing could stop its progress, not medicines, not prayer.  The first sign of the disease is black spots at the base of the fingers; an agonising death quickly follows.  But this is no ordinary disease?

Caitlin Shepherd, a lowly GP, is allowed to cross the veil into the mystical Celtic Otherworld to find a cure.  Her search takes her on a quest to the end of a land of dreams and nightmares to petition the gods.

Caitlin is humanity?s only hope, but she carries a terrible burden: a consciousness shattered into five distinct personalities?and one of them may not be human.?

Creepie

I've heard good things about this book
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 11:12:46 pm »
Sorry to say, I've not yet read this, but my partner has and she adores the book. She loves Marks previous volumes in this series, too.