Author Topic: World Horror Convention 2010, Brighton  (Read 28942 times)

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
Re: World Horror Convention 2010, Brighton
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2010, 06:21:05 pm »
And now there's a BA strike scheduled -- hope it doesn't f*** up too many travelling arrangements.

Offline iamacanadian

• Canadian, but not un-cultured!
  • Thaumaturge
  • Selecting Only the Finest Expertsí Made-Up Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Fez Publishing
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2010, 10:47:05 pm »
Thank goodness I booked an Air Canada flight, which was almost BA but changed at the last minute due to currency conversion rates. Yay me!
Ian Alexander Martin; Proprietor, Atomic Fez Publishing

Offline Craig Herbertson

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • craigherbertson.com
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2010, 12:11:47 pm »
Never been to a con - should I go? What should I expect? The idea sounds great but am a bit worried that everyone there will know each other and I will end up in the corner pretending to check my phone for texts (again).

So any brief summaries of the con experience would be gratefully received.

I haven't been out of the house for ten years Colin. Make yourself known to me and my brother (we'll be lying by the bar talking in garbled Scottish) and we'll see you alright.

Offline Jen

• Whirlpool
  • Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jennybarber.co.uk
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2010, 06:59:48 am »
And now there's a BA strike scheduled -- hope it doesn't f*** up too many travelling arrangements.

Sod the strike, what about the bloody parking?  Where in hell does one park in Brighton without going totally bankrupt?

Why has no one invented teleportation yet?  It's the only sensible option...  ;D

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2010, 01:34:27 pm »

Sod the strike, what about the bloody parking?  Where in hell does one park in Brighton without going totally bankrupt?

Why has no one invented teleportation yet?  It's the only sensible option...  ;D
[/quote]

Sorry, Jen -- you'll have to pay for car parking (like me). The hotel doesn't have its own car park. Wonder if they have a discount arrangement...

Offline Mike Chinn

• Thaumaturge
  • Cavy Slave
    • View Profile
    • Displacement Activity
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2010, 03:13:38 pm »

Sorry, Jen -- you'll have to pay for car parking (like me). The hotel doesn't have its own car park. Wonder if they have a discount arrangement...

Catching the train might be long and arduous (and limit the amount of luggage I can carry) - but at least I won't have to worry about parking the infernal combustion machine.  :-\
Mike Chinn

Offline Pigasus

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • VideoVista
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2010, 04:29:05 pm »
The hotel doesn't have its own car park. Wonder if they have a discount arrangement...

Has anyone asked WHC organisers about that?
(I can't see anything about cheaper parking for the con on WHC site.)
 ???

Offline Colin (Black Abyss)

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Black Abyss
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2010, 06:29:57 pm »
>>Make yourself known to me and my brother (we'll be lying by the bar talking in garbled Scottish) and we'll see you alright<<

Unfortunately, by the time I had plucked up the courage, all the tickets were gone so I won't be there Craig. I shall however be setting up a room in my house where I shall be signing my own books, Taking part in panels featuring among others...me and getting drunk (and talking in garbled Scots). Good thing is the parking is much cheaper. Have a great time Craig...and everyone else  :D

Offline Selina

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Girly Comic & Blog
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2010, 06:41:43 pm »
Hope everyone going to WHC has a really good time (and has some money left for books after paying for parking...). Jay & I can't make it, so we hope to see some of you at ALT Fiction instead.

Offline Craig Herbertson

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • craigherbertson.com
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2010, 07:23:02 pm »
>>Make yourself known to me and my brother (we'll be lying by the bar talking in garbled Scottish) and we'll see you alright<<

Unfortunately, by the time I had plucked up the courage, all the tickets were gone so I won't be there Craig. I shall however be setting up a room in my house where I shall be signing my own books, Taking part in panels featuring among others...me and getting drunk (and talking in garbled Scots). Good thing is the parking is much cheaper. Have a great time Craig...and everyone else  :D

Are you coming over to Brighton though?

Offline Colin (Black Abyss)

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Black Abyss
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2010, 07:35:42 pm »

Are you coming over to Brighton though?

No, unfortunately Craig the price of travel from Inverness to Brighton would involve me selling one of my kidneys or both my children...actually that second option doesn't sound so bad!

Offline Ellen Datlow

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2010, 04:54:41 am »
I know someone with a ticket to sell, if anyone still wants to go but wasn't able to buy a ticket to the convention at Brighton.
Ellen

Offline Craig Herbertson

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • craigherbertson.com
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2010, 11:12:38 am »
Ah well, another time.

Offline DavidJHowe

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Telos Publishing
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2010, 08:00:47 pm »

If you're attending the World Horror Convention in Brighton over the coming weekend, then be sure to stop by Bar Rouge on Saturday Morning for some tea, coffee and biscuits courtesy of Telos Publishing, and to pick up signed copies of two fantastic new books from Telos:

HUMPTY'S BONES - a fantastic new chiller by Simon Clark
and
ALTERED VISIONS - the incredible art of Vincent Chong showcased in a special publication for WHC

Saturday 27th March, 11-12am in Bar Rouge

See you there?
Telos Publishing: http://www.telos.co.uk
Doctor Who Merchandise: http://www.tardis.tv   
Howe's Who: http://www.howeswho.co.uk

Offline allybird

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • Allyson Bird website
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2010, 09:04:41 pm »
Mark West said he wanted a ticket (I think). I've just emailed him on facebook.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:18:31 pm by allybird »