Author Topic: Do RPG'S have a place in the BFS?  (Read 12868 times)

Offline Jonathan Oliver

• BFS Reviewers
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
Do RPG'S have a place in the BFS?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2003, 10:58:27 am »
Okay, may be a bit expensive in the taxi but I should be able to make it. Won't be able to register before year end though. Christmas has already sucked my bank account dry!
Jon

Nicki Robson

Economic
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2003, 06:29:09 pm »
Time to move to the FantasyCon 2004 message board and give an indication of what time you're likely to arrive at the station in case someone's planning on getting there around the same time and can share.

Also, the hotel offers a service where they can pair you with a.n. other in a twin room for those who aren't fussy!

Pity you can't register before the year end... you could have saved yourself a tenner!   8)

Offline CraigLockley

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Knifesedge PBeM RPGs
RPG companies
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2004, 05:25:34 pm »
I have made contact with a number of Indie rpg producers that might be interested in the FCON. Hogshead are still going, though they no longer have the license for Warhammer, as it has reverted back to Games Workshop.

Craig
Craig
BFS Indie Press and RPG Reviews Editor

So many books, so little time...

Offline Jonathan Oliver

• BFS Reviewers
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2004, 01:50:39 pm »
Excellent news! It will be good to see some RPG bods there. Shame about Hogs Head loosing the license for Warhammer. Does that mean Games Workshop will now be publishing the RPG or are they scrapping it?
Jon

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2004, 07:11:24 am »
No idea but their publishing wing, Black Library, are putting out a fair amount of Warhammer. I'm part way The Bleeding Chalice, by Ben Counter, a Warhammer 40k. It's a world/universe that has a lot of possibility. You should be able to read a review in a future Prism.

Wayne.

Offline Jonathan Oliver

• BFS Reviewers
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2004, 02:38:33 pm »
I'll be running the scenarios from the Call of Cthulu book "Unseen Masters" tonight. It's been 3/4 of a year since I GM'ed. Looking foward to some good clean insanity.
Jon

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2004, 08:55:02 pm »
Probably my favourite RPG. Even Ramsey gets some of his creatures in the rulebook.

Let us know how well (No, don't go down the well) they do?  :twisted:

Wayne.

Offline CraigLockley

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Knifesedge PBeM RPGs
Warhammer/Games Workshop
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2004, 04:34:15 pm »
On the subject of Games Workshop and the return of the Warhammer license, they have not published any plans to continue with rpg material. However, GW are currently working on Warhammer Online, an online game based on the WFRP line.
If that hits, which I suspect it will, it is possible they will revitalise the rpg system with a new edition and more material.
Thankfully, there is a huge following of fans that produce their own material as well as official game writers putting material up on the net.
Have a browse through my links, if you're interested.
http://www.knifesedge.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/links.html

Cheers,
Craig
Craig

Offline Debbie

• Thaumaturge
  • x
    • View Profile
    • http://www.debbiebennett.co.uk
Gaming at FCON 2004
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2004, 10:40:45 pm »
Games Workshop will be running a trade stand at Fcon, plus some gaming and maybe even figure painting!  All optional of course. It may work, it may not, but we'll give it a go.  I was trying to get us some advertising in White Dwarf but failed miserably!

Offline CraigLockley

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Knifesedge PBeM RPGs
White Dwarf is no longer for Roleplayers
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2004, 12:29:23 pm »
Not a bad thing, Debbie. No disrespect to Games Workshop, but White Dwarf has been solely dedicated to wargaming since they passed on the licence for the Warhammer RPG line. Despite retaking the licence, White Dwarf, I believe, remains the same, though I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

Craig
Craig

Sean Z

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2004, 12:21:53 pm »
Re: RPGs: I game with a group of friends, and have done for a year or so. I'm no expert on the subject, but then I feel no particular need to be - it's just a pastime. It's brilliant that non-RPGers should have an opportunity to learn something about it, but for me it might be a case of preaching to the converted.

Craig: I e-mailed you via a link on your web site about your Cthulhu game. Did the message get lost in the electronic ether? If so, are you still open to new participants?