Author Topic: For fans of THE SHINING....  (Read 3489 times)

Offline allybird

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • Allyson Bird website

Offline Paul Campbell

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
Re: For fans of THE SHINING....
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 05:01:43 pm »
From http://www.liljas-library.com/

King does rumor control on a sequel to The Shining:

'People shouldn't hold their breath'

On the heels of the news that best-selling horror master (and EW columnist) told the audience at a Toronto book signing that he was considering writing a sequel to The Shining, King tells EW.com that he’s got no immediate plans to revisit the character of Danny Torrance. “It’s a great idea, and I just can’t seem to get down to it,” says the author in an e-mail. “People shouldn’t hold their breath. I know it would be cool, though. I want to write it just for the title, Dr. Sleep. I even told them [at the book signing], ‘It will probably never happen.’” Still, King — whose most recent novel is this month’s Under the Dome — can’t quite shut the door on the Shining sequel, adding, “But ‘probably’ isn’t ‘positively,’ so maybe.”

Offline allybird

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • Allyson Bird website
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 05:39:38 pm »
Ah - well. I'd be interested to see what he would do with a sequel. Not so sure about the title.

Offline Paul Finch

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 09:35:38 am »
Ah - well. I'd be interested to see what he would do with a sequel. Not so sure about the title.

I must agree, Ally. I'm not quite sure what does it for King about that title.

Offline FictionFan01

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 04:32:03 pm »
THE SHINING is one of my favourite King books. I'm also a fan of Stanley Kubrick's technically brilliant movie adaptation (1980). (One of the most significant camera-oriented inventions of the late 70s, the Steadicam, had been used to some extent in a handful of films before 1980, though The Shining is regarded as the breakthrough film for the dazzling technique, featuring many unforgettable tracking shots.) 

King to write a sequel sounds interesting. Not so sure about that title though.

MargaretAnderson

respond this post
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 03:20:41 am »
I have send you in pm