Author Topic: FantasyCon 2010 Artshow  (Read 5450 times)

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
FantasyCon 2010 Artshow
« on: February 01, 2010, 07:54:02 PM »
Anyone who attended Fantasycon 2009 will have been impressed by the artshow. We hope to repeat its success for FC2010. If you are an artist who is attending the convention and wishes to display your artwork (including 3D pieces) please email fconart@britishfantasysociety.org
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:46:30 AM by Stephen Theaker »

Offline Dragonladych

• Illustrator
  • Initiate
  • Dragon Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • devant Art gallery
Re: FantasyCon 2010 Artshow
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:24:19 PM »
I sent an email some 10 days ago but didn't get an answer? Just sent another one now. Maybe the first one got lost.

Or can someone on this forum help me? I wanted to know if and how I can participate in the art show? Cheers!

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »
I sent an email some 10 days ago but didn't get an answer? Just sent another one now. Maybe the first one got lost.

Or can someone on this forum help me? I wanted to know if and how I can participate in the art show? Cheers!

Hi. I didn't see the earlier email (nor the recent one yet). I'll chase up things my end and get back to you. Many thanks for your query.

Offline Dragonladych

• Illustrator
  • Initiate
  • Dragon Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • devant Art gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 03:46:30 PM »
Thanks Peter! For a start I'd like to know if it is even possible for me to take part. If yes, I have a number of questions for you.

I need to plan my trip ASAP, try to get cheaper flights.. that is if that volcano ever stops spewing ;) On the other hand I was planning a trip to the UK that very week end anyway so that's not really problem. But I guess that hotel and membership should be taken care of soon as well.

Cheers!

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »
We've now set up a dedicated email address for enquiries about the art show, so I've edited Peter's original post to give that address instead of the general one.

Offline Dragonladych

• Illustrator
  • Initiate
  • Dragon Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • devant Art gallery
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 09:49:28 PM »
I am also posting this here just in case. I emailed the above address in April and in May but never head anything.
Don't want to worry too much but I'd like to know if I can have some space for my artwork and maybe a small table for my jewelry?

I just forwarded all my former emails to the same address again, hope it got through.

:)

Offline allybird

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • Allyson Bird website
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 11:22:58 PM »
Dani Serra needs a reply, too.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 06:51:39 AM »
As far as I know Ruth doesn't look in on the forums, so posting here won't attract her attention.

I know that Dani had some queries about booking etc that Ruth passed on to me, and I emailed Dani about it yesterday.

Dragonladych - like I said by email, emailing Ruth is the way to go. If you don't get any joy, email Guy via fcon@britishfantasysociety.org for help.

Offline Dragonladych

• Illustrator
  • Initiate
  • Dragon Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • devant Art gallery
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 08:37:43 AM »
Cheers
Like I said I did email too, but since it's the 4th email this year I was wondering if maybe my address was ending up in the spam folder on the other end. Forums are one way of making sure of such things. But if you say that Ruth doesn't read the forums it won't do me any good indeed.

I'll try what you said and also email Guy. I have only a few days left to prepare my art as I work more than full time so I want to make sure I get everything ready in time for my trip.

Offline Screaming Dreams

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Dreams
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 10:18:07 PM »
Any news regarding the artshow, anyone? FCon is almost here and the artists need time to get their acts (and artwork) together in time, so we are all sitting at home biting our nails in anticipation of any further details! It would be great if someone could just let us know if the show is on or not this year and if we all have slots there (and how much space, etc).

I know you organizer types are all busy working your fingers to the bone for the greater good of everyone at the moment, so my apols for the question at this busy time, but just thought I'd ask as no-one seems to have heard anything about the artshow for quite a while now.

See you all soon!

Steve

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 07:04:31 AM »
We're rather worried at this end too - we haven't heard from Ruth either for a couple of weeks. Guy's trying to find out what's happening.

Any emails to fconart@britishfantasysociety.org are now going to Guy as well as Ruth.

Offline Dragonladych

• Illustrator
  • Initiate
  • Dragon Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • devant Art gallery
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 08:13:13 AM »
I'm all set, at least with Guy who answered my email.
I am not taking originals so I have a number of prints mounted on foamboard. I was planning on playing it by ear (done it before). And adapt to what ever space is available, if any. Hope there will be some, as I am traveling from Switzerland for this art show  :-[

But yes, a few details would have been nice especially since I can't be there on the Friday already.

Offline Screaming Dreams

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Dreams
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 02:16:40 PM »
Who else was planning on displaying at the artshow this year? Please get in touch so I can try and help organize things and keep you all informed. Thanks. I'm happy to help out with this in any way I can.

Offline allybird

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • Allyson Bird website
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 03:24:52 PM »
Hi Steve,

Do you want me to send you Dani Serra's email behind the scenes? He's coming over from Italy.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »
A message from Guy Adams, FantasyCon Chair, about this year's art show:

As some of you may know a last minute disaster has befallen the art show this year. The co-ordinator has dropped out due to personal reasons leaving us with mere days to bring everything together. Unfortunately the show really does need sorting from scratch and we'll need the kind indulgence and support of all the artists in order to make it happen. Steve Upham has kindly stepped into the breach to assist in co-ordinating efforts so can I ask that all artists who were hoping to exhibit drop him a line on steve@screamingdreams.com as soon as you can. Even if you've already contacted us please do so again. We are also going to need people willing to help man the show, safeguarding the work and selling prints. If you are willing to help in that regard please also let Steve know.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 05:34:13 PM by Stephen Theaker »