Author Topic: D F Lewis  (Read 78137 times)

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
Re: D F Lewis
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 02:18:39 PM »
For most of you out there whose books I've REAL-TIME REVIEWED over the last two years, you can now obtain it in a BOOK (signed by me if you want):

http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/2010/11/11/contents-of-real-time-reviews-books/
Lovely books to handle (800 pages of raw text spread over 2 volumes)

I have now copies of these books if anyone is interested.

As another piece of my news:
The novel NEMONYMOUS NIGHT has now been given its official page at Chomu Press website for publication in 2011. Yay!
http://chomupress.com/
MY WEBSITE: www.nemonymous.com

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2010, 01:15:22 PM »

THE HORROR ANTHOLOGY OF HORROR ANTHOLOGIES

If you are one of those writers who has been published at least once in the nine editions of ‘Nemonymous’ or who has at least one story subject to my on-line real-time reviewing between November 2008 and April 2011...

you will be interested in these submission guidelines for a new anthology:
http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/2010/11/20/the-horror-anthology-of-horror-anthologies/

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2010, 05:02:20 PM »
I thought the eligibility conditions were better than 'invitation only' - more random, more synchronous, more liable to serendipity - and all eligible names (so far) are listed as appendices to the guidelines.
I was amazed at how many and exactly who!

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2010, 02:33:20 PM »

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2010, 03:48:13 PM »

AN ORGY OF GREAT QUOTES

“Most of all the dead, from mortuaries, from under cataracts of rubble, made their anonymous presence – not as today’s dead but as yesterday’s living – felt through London. Uncounted, they continued to move in shoals through the city day, pervading everything to be seen or heard or felt with their torn-off senses, drawing on this tomorrow they had expected – for death cannot be so sudden as that.”
- Elizabeth Bowen from ‘The Heat of the Day’ (1949)

“Meantime, another war had peopled the world with another generation of the not-dead, overlapping and crowding the living’s senses still more with the senses left by unlived lives.”
– Elizabeth Bowen from ‘A World of Love’ (1954)

He never knew what happened – a cold, black pit with no bottom opened inside himself; a red-hot bellwire jagged up though him from the pit of his frozen belly to the caves of his eyes. Then the hot, gummy rush of tears, the convulsion of his features, the terrible, square grin he felt his mouth take all made him his own shameful and squalid enemy.
Elizabeth Bowen – From ‘Tears, Idle Tears’ 1941

Full moonlight drenched the city and searched it: there was not a niche left to stand in. The effect was remorseless: London looked like the moon’s capital – shallow, cratered, extinct.
Elizabeth Bowen – From ‘Mysterious Kôr’ 1944

It was a phenomenon of war-time city night that it brought out something provocative in the step of most modest women; Nature tapped out with the heels on the pavement an illicit semaphore. Alone was Louie in being almost never accosted; whatever it was was missing from her step; she walked, she strode, she bulked ahead through the dark with the sexless flat-footed nonchalance of a ten-year-old, only more heavily.
==============
The wall between the living and the living became less solid as the wall between the living and the dead thinned. In that September transparency people became transparent, only to be located by the just darker flicker of their hearts. [...]
Elizabeth Bowen (Heat of the Day 1949)

MORE ELIZABETH BOWEN QUOTES (A LOT MORE!):
http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/2010/11/30/elizabeth-bowen-quotes-1/

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2010, 04:45:47 PM »
THE HORROR ANTHOLOGY OF HORROR ANTHOLOGIES

I've finally got clearance to make this the most memorable Horror anthology ever.
It only needs you now.

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2010, 03:47:52 PM »
My 2010 in Writing and Publishing

My novella – WEIRDTONGUE: A Glistenberry Romance - was published by InkerMen Press.

My novel – NEMONYMOUS NIGHT - was accepted by Chomu Press.

I published the final Nemonymous: NULL IMMORTALIS.

I carried out a significant number of Real-Time Reviews about many authors’ writings in the Weird Literature field.

I issued the Submission Guidelines for THE HORROR ANTHOLOGY OF HORROR ANTHOLOGIES.

I attended the fruitful Local Writers’ Group each month and wrote much new fiction as a result..

I republished my novella AGRA ASKA after it was first independently published in 1998 and long out of print.

I withdrew from a publisher my ultimate and definitive Book Collection – The Last Balcony - for what I hope were altruistic reasons on my part.

The WEIRDMONGER: The Nemonicon: The Synchronised Shards of Random Truth and Fiction (2003) Book Collection went out of print.

I started dismantling the WEIRDMONGER WHEEL.

I salvaged all the amazing Quotes I had gleaned over many years from each novel chapter and each story by Elizabeth Bowen and re-posted them on this blog (password: trouteva).

I had a few contretemps on internet forums. Some my fault, others not.

Happy New Year to all my friends.

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2010, 05:30:02 PM »

End of Year Update from Chômu Press
http://chomupress.com/news/end-of-year-update/
Just spotted this update.
Includes new books by Mark Samuels, Rhys Hughes, Michael Cisco and myself. :)
They've also just brought out a new Reggie Oliver book and more...

Offline David A. Riley

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • rileybooks
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2010, 08:33:17 PM »
This is what I wrote as a sort of review of Chomu Press's The Dracula Papers by Reggie Oliver on Vault of Evil:

"I haven't read many horror novels this year, mainly crime or historical, but I did recentky finish Reggie Oliver's The Dracula Papers Book 1: The Scholar's Tale, which is an amazing mixture of Gothic adventure and historical romance with occasional appearances from such diverse characters as the Wandering Jew (and his tales of the "real" Jesus), cannibals, pirates, madness, suicide, bizarre executions and the historical Vlad Tepes as a young man fighting the Turks. There's horror, tension, humour, the lot. The only thing that really amazes me is that this 470-page first of a proposed four volumes, has been published by Chomu Press rather than one of the mainstream publishers. All credit to Chomu, of course, for bringing this book out, and making such a splendid job of it, but something of this calibre should have been available in every bookshop. It speaks volumes for the state of the industry today that Reggie has had to rely on the small press for something like this. It's a crying shame."

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2010, 08:59:39 PM »
Thanks, David, I'm expecting Chomu Press to be a big press publisher before long!

I forgot to mention they are also doing a book by another of my favourite writers: Brendan Connell.
des

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2011, 10:05:05 AM »
Very proud that the acclaimed ‘GRIM REVIEWS’ has placed Nemomymous Ten: NULL IMMORTALIS in its best of 2010:
http://grimreviews.blogspot.com/2010/12/best-weird-horror-of-2010-in-review.html

And Matthew Fryer, too: http://shocklinesforum.yuku.com/topic/17245?page=3  :)

Nobody's read WEIRDTONGUE yet, though. :(

Offline Graeme

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2011, 09:10:37 PM »
Des,

Remember Kimota which folded nine years ago?  I am looking for authors who had stories published in it for permission to republish them in an anthology for the Kindle.

After this toe in the water, as it were, I am planning on launching a Kindle emagazine called Kzine which I hope will offer royalties to the authors based on the number of subscibers.

You had a story called "Beyond the Help of Mortals" published in Kimota. Can I use sit for the anthology?

My email is editor@kzine.co.uk if you wish to respond directly. The same goes for any other authors in the old Kimota whom I haven't tracked down yet. There is an unfinished web site at www.kzine.co.uk which has a link to the old Kimota site which may be of interest.

Regards, Graeme

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2011, 09:20:26 PM »
Hi, Graeme
Great to see you here. By all means use that story. And thanks for wanting it again!
best wishes, des

Offline Graeme

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2011, 09:34:59 PM »
Thanks Des. You're a gent.

Hopefully see you at a Fantasycon soon.

Graeme

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness