Author Topic: William Meikle  (Read 150353 times)

williemeikle

Re: William Meikle
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2010, 12:30:48 pm »
The Invasion is having a good day. Into 3 digits for the 1st time.

#930 in Kindle Store
#24 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Science Fiction

http://www.amazon.com/The-Invasion-ebook/dp/B003HS4V8O

williemeikle

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2010, 04:50:09 pm »
 ‎7 responses to anthology submissions this year so far. I've sold stories to 6 of them. Blimey!

williemeikle

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 11:32:19 pm »

My SF ebook, The Invasion is proving, by quite some way, to be my best selling book on the Kindle.

As of today it is in the top 30 of all SF books on the kindle, and top 10 in two other categories

#28 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Science Fiction
#4 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Fiction > Horror > Occult
#6 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Occult

http://www.amazon.com/The-Invasion-ebook/dp/B003HS4V8O

I've been reading William Meikle for a while and his cross-genre style can be addictive. Polished craft with a B-movie action sensibility, Meikle is an old-school storyteller in the best possible way--he makes stories fun - Scott Nicholson

This little Lovecraftian alien invasion story seems to have caught some reader's imagination. The striking cover hasn't hindered matters either.

What it has done though is make me rethink my next big project. I feel another SF novel coming on for this winter.

Offline David A. Riley

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • rileybooks
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2010, 07:23:28 am »
"This little Lovecraftian alien invasion story seems to have caught some reader's imagination. The striking cover hasn't hindered matters either."

That's a very striking cover, Willie. I can understand why it's sold well. Congratulations!

Offline Degsy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2010, 09:41:35 pm »
Hi Willie,

I enjoyed your story in the last 'Nemonymous' and I'd love to read some more of your stuff, but I'm spoiled for choice. Would you care to recommend any of your books as the best introduction to 'The World of Meikle'? (This may, of course, be like asking a parent to choose amongst their own children.)

williemeikle

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2010, 03:58:50 pm »
Another pro sale (three in the last 3 week). And to a new market, Daily Science Fiction. A very nice start to the week.

williemeikle

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2010, 04:32:06 pm »
Back when I first started writing I had a little list of what I wanted to achieve. Mainly it was of things I thought might be realistic, like getting some short stories published in the horror press, and writing a novel. Also on the list were some things I could only dream of.

Since then, some (not all yet) of those dreams have come about.

There was one I never could cross off. Until today. Today I get to cross off the line that read as follows.

Appear in an anthology with Ramsey Campbell.

Call of Lovecraft will feature stories by us both and will be out in September. Not only that, but I will also be alongside a reprint of Lovecraft's classic "Pickman's Model"

http://site.papercutbooks.com/Announcements.html

That sound you hear is me doing my happy dance.

williemeikle

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2010, 04:35:50 pm »
Hi Willie,

I enjoyed your story in the last 'Nemonymous' and I'd love to read some more of your stuff, but I'm spoiled for choice. Would you care to recommend any of your books as the best introduction to 'The World of Meikle'? (This may, of course, be like asking a parent to choose amongst their own children.)

My personal favorite is The Midnight Eye Files: The Amulet ... a Scottish PI takes on the Great Old Ones, as it combines many of my favorite things.... pulp noir, Lovecraftian themes, Glasgow, and beer :-)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Midnight-Eye-Files-Amulet/dp/0976791463

Offline Degsy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2010, 08:37:16 pm »
Thanks Willie! Congrats on the anthology as well.

Offline Mike Chinn

• Thaumaturge
  • Cavy Slave
    • View Profile
    • Displacement Activity
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2010, 09:35:40 am »
Back when I first started writing I had a little list of what I wanted to achieve. Mainly it was of things I thought might be realistic, like getting some short stories published in the horror press, and writing a novel. Also on the list were some things I could only dream of.

Since then, some (not all yet) of those dreams have come about.

There was one I never could cross off. Until today. Today I get to cross off the line that read as follows.

Appear in an anthology with Ramsey Campbell.

Call of Lovecraft will feature stories by us both and will be out in September. Not only that, but I will also be alongside a reprint of Lovecraft's classic "Pickman's Model"

http://site.papercutbooks.com/Announcements.html

That sound you hear is me doing my happy dance.

Congrats, Wiilie. Only just wish I'd learned that my submission wasn't being used by normal channels - not reading the ToC on the link you provided. Rejection I can take - it's indifference that hurts...  :-\
Mike Chinn

williemeikle

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2010, 09:14:19 pm »
Another nice start to the week.

My story "The Colour that Came to Chiswick" has sold to Gaslight Arcanum, the forthcoming Holmes anthology from Edge Publishing.

Offline Mike Chinn

• Thaumaturge
  • Cavy Slave
    • View Profile
    • Displacement Activity
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2010, 08:34:58 am »

My story "The Colour that Came to Chiswick" has sold to Gaslight Arcanum, the forthcoming Holmes anthology from Edge Publishing.

Love that title...  :D
Mike Chinn

williemeikle

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2010, 01:11:31 pm »

Love that title...  :D

It probably won't surprise you to know that I had the title before I wrote the story :-)

It combines several of my favorite things. Victorian London, Holmes and Watson... and Fullers beer.

williemeikle

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2010, 01:15:40 pm »
Don't know if it's to do with the mention here, but UK peeps have been buying The Amulet from Amazon this week, and got it into some rankings.

#13 in Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Hard-Boiled,
#38 in Horror > Thrillers,
#41 in Fantasy > Horror

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Midnight-Eye-Files-Amulet/dp/0976791463

williemeikle

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2010, 01:31:11 pm »
Amazon UK has opened up its Kindle store so my ebooks are now available in the UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=digital-text&field-author=William%20Meikle

The best seller in the States, currently in the top 15 SF Kindle books, is The Invasion : Alien invasion, mass destruction, plucky survivors and last minute rescues.

The Valley is a Lost World story. Cowboys in 1863 Montana find a lost valley in the Rockies full of prehistoric beasties.

Island Life is set on a remote Scottish Island. You're all alone, and hulking creatures are moving in the mist.

Crustaceans : Giant killer crabs take Manhattan

Chronicles of Augustus Seton:  4 adventures of a 16th Century Scotsman with a demonic sword

The Road Hole Bunker Mystery:  A murder mystery set on the Old Course at St Andrews

I hope you find something that takes your fancy.

Willie