Author Topic: Radio  (Read 102931 times)

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2003, 07:38:36 pm »
Ok radio people here is next weeks listings. If you wish to add things feel free.

The BBC World Service.

Saturday 13th September.

6.30 pm, repeat 2 am. Play of the Week: An American Werewolf in London. Starring Jenny Agutter and Brian Glover. See other post. Note these times are UK times. Note BBC Radio 4 switches to the World Service at 1 am.  :idea: This is star choice this week.

BBC Radio 4.

Saturday 13th September.

9 pm. The Classic Series: The Three Hostages. Part 1 repeat. Sequel to the 39 steps.

Sunday 14th September.

2.45 pm. Dinosaurs with Feathers. This one features the ‘Fuzzy Raptor’. Trust me on this.
   3 pm. The Classic Series: The Three Hostages. Part 2 repeat next Saturday at 9 pm.

Monday to Friday, 15th to 19th September.

3.30 pm Tartan Noir. 5 stories from top Scottish crime writers. Who picks these titles? :roll:  Next time I wear my black pully I’ll say it’s a black tartan. Or maybe not.
   3.45 pm Emotional Rollercoaster. 5 studies into: Fear, Anger, Guilt, Sadness and Jealousy. Maybe we’ll get some answers to why we like what we do?

DAB, by the way the BBC Isle of Wight is on, Southampton and Portsmouth are now on line. So do a quick re-scan.  :!:

BBC Radio 7.

Saturday 13th September.

6 pm, repeat midnight. Childhood’s End by Arthur C. Clarke. (1/2.)

Sunday 14th September.

1 pm. Repeat 2 am (Monday morn.) Rebecca. Daphne du Maurier gothic tale.
   6 pm, repeat midnight. The Red Planet. (3/20.)
   6.30 pm, repeat 12.30 am. Fear on Four: Dance in the Underworld.

Monday to Friday, 15th to 19th September.

6 pm, repeat midnight. Dream Story. By Arthur Schnnitzler, translated by JMQ Davies. Read by Paul Rhys. The previous Philip K. Dick and Harland Ellison tales and this are new and especially recorded for BBC7. I hope they continue and maybe even expand to fully-fledged drama.  8)

Oneword

Saturday 13th September.

6 pm. Repeats 5 am and 5 am the following Sunday (Monday morn.). The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Light supernatural comedy starring Maurice Chevalier.

Sunday 14th September.

8.30 pm. Vintage Radio: The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury.

Tuesday 16th September.

8.30 pm. Vintage Radio: Hitch-hike Poker starring Gregory Peck.   :?: If someone could give me some information on the programme I would be very happy.  :wink:

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2003, 07:08:21 pm »
Sorry it’s a bit late. I’ve been visiting friends and relations, and I’m not very good at typing drunk, OK I’m worse than normal  :wink: . All stuff is broadcast in September 2003, just in case you did not know.  :wink:

Old style radio.

BBC Radio 4.

Monday 22nd

:arrow: 2.15 pm. The Afternoon Play: Occasional Swim. After the death of her son and the end of her marriage Rosa is amazed she is falling for Colm, but what lurks in his past. To be honest this could be anything, straight love story, alien from space, re-incarnated son, or husband in disguise. The blurb gives it a darker feeling, though.

Tuesday 23rd

:arrow: 2.15 pm. The Afternoon Play: My Computer Told Me to Do It. A virtual reality computer is used to play out fantasies, only they don’t stay there. The blurb reads more like comedy; you don’t get this problem with TV schedules do you.

:arrow: 11.00 pm. The Dark House. 3 people are trapped in a haunted house. Interactive chilling ghost story. A bit more like it  8) , check out other posts/topics for details. This week’s top pick.  :idea:

Wednesday 24th

:arrow: 11.00 pm. Ronan the Amphibian. Last part of fantasy/comedy under the sea.

Dab stuff.

BBC Radio 7.

Saturday 20th

:arrow: 6 pm repeat Midnight. The 7th Dimension: Childhood’s End. (2/2.) Arthur C. Clarke’s SF tale.

Sunday 21st

:arrow: 1 pm Repeat 2 am. Titus Groan. Play of Mervyn Peake’s Fantasy classic with Sting.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat Midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Red Planet. 4/20.) Follow Jet Morgan to Mars.

:arrow: 6.30 pm. Repeat at 12.30 am. Fear on Four. Gobble, Gobble.

Monday 22nd to Wednesday 24th

:arrow: 6 pm repeat Midnight. The 7th Dimension: Dream Story. 6 – 8/8.) New reading of tale that inspired Eyes Wide Shut.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat Midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Fall of the House of Usher. (1 – 2/2.) New reading of Poe’s tale.

Oneword

Sunday 21st

:arrow: 8.30 pm. Vintage Radio: Hitch-Hike Poker with Gregory Peck.

Tuesday 23rd

:arrow: 8.30 pm. Vintage Radio: The Man Who Couldn’t Die starring Richard Widmark.

Sherlock Holmes is only on Oneword at the moment with Luke Slaughter.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2003, 04:54:46 am »
Here is the weekly radio bit. Sorry about The Old Dark House, a victim of hype. They did not put the work in on the story  :( . Nice use of technology. Lets face it, can’t you trust the blurb  :evil: . Last Monday’s Occasional swim was a love story though the blurb made it sound like there was an evil secret, especially when you saw the accompanying picture. My Computer Told Me To Do It? Was as expected a comedy with fantasy elements.

BBC Radio 4.

Thursday 2 October.

:arrow: 2.15 pm. Find Me. Sci-Fi black comedy. A woman goes to Oz in a matter-transporter but something goes wrong.

BBC Radio 7.

Saturday 27th September.

:arrow: 6 pm and repeat midnight. The Seventh Dimension. Frankenstein. (1/2) Play.

Sunday 28th September.

:arrow: 1 pm and 2 am. Gormenghast. The second part. Excellent play.
 :arrow: 6 pm and repeat midnight. The Seventh Dimension. Journey Into Space: The Red Planet. 50’s Sci-Fi.
 :arrow: 6.30   pm and repeat 12.30. The Seventh Dimension. Fear on Four: The Next in Line.

Monday to Friday 29th September to 3rd October.

:arrow: 6 pm and repeat midnight. The Seventh Dimension. Tales of the Bizarre by ray Bradbury.

Oneword.

And hidden in last week’s stuff was  :arrow: Frankenstein  :roll: , a reading this time. Friday 26th September some time 9.30 am and 11.30 am, not at 9.30. Do people want us to listen? The rest of Frankenstein Parts 2 and 3 starts at 9.30 am (repeat midnight) on Monday (29th) and Tuesday (30th).

Saturday 27th September.

:arrow: 6 pm and repeat 5 am and again at 5 am the following day. The Treasure of Sierra Madre starring Humphrey Bogart.

Sunday 28th September.

:arrow: 8.30 pm Vintage Radio: The Man Who Couldn’t Die. Starring Richard Widmark.

Tuesday 1st October.

:arrow: 8.30 pm Vintage Radio: The Time Machine.

Right this is the sort of thing to confuse a stupid person. By the way there is a program after each show advertised at the same time at 11.30 pm.

:arrow: 10 pm Chilling Tales two volumes 3 episodes each. Ok so far.

Sunday 28th September. Vol. 1 ep. 1.
Monday 29th September. Vol. 1 ep. 2.
Tuesday 1st October.  Vol. 1 ep. 3 followed by  Vol. 2 ep. 1.  :(
Wednesday 2nd October. Vol. 2 ep. 2.
Thursday 3rd October.  Vol. 2 ep. 3 followed by Barracuda 945 (Whatever that is).

Oh I do love radio schedules. With its cryptic or non-existent blurb and its philosophical outlook about time. That is when they don’t hide things or just get it wrong.  :wink:

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2003, 12:12:26 am »
It’s late again, sorry. Just started a new job, and bought a DAB radio. Hhhhhmmmm! Lovely. Remember all shows are in October.

On old-fashioned steam radio we have.

Radio 4.

Friday 10th

:arrow: 2.15 pm. Afternoon Play: City of Dreams – A Detective Story. Commissioned for World Mental Health Day. A detective tries to find an old flame in a strangely quiet city where dreams are stolen.

On new fangled whizzo radio we have repeats. :roll:

BBC Radio 7

Saturday 4th

:arrow: 1 pm repeat 2 am. The Night of the Hunter. (1/2.) Retelling of the old film of a religious criminal after 2 kids.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The Seventh Dimension: Frankenstein. (2/2.) Does not say what this is about.

Sunday 5th

:arrow: 1 pm repeat 2 am. The Body in the Glass. Marge Piercy's novel set in 2059 where an enclave has a weapon to protect itself against invasion from the multi-corporations.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The Seventh Dimension: Journey Into Space: The Red Planet. (6/20.) Of the 7 ships, one is destroyed and the other missing, so will Jet and co make to the red planet?

:arrow: 6.30 pm repeat 12.30 am. Fear on Four: Dark Feathers.

Monday 6th

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The Seventh Dimension: Tales of the Bizarre; by Ray Bradbury. (6/6.)

Tuesday 7th to Friday 8th.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The Seventh Dimension: Golden Apples of the Sun; by Ray Bradbury. (1 – 4/4.)

Oneword.

Sunday 5th.

:arrow: 8.30 pm. Vintage Radio: The Time Machine.
Tuesday 7th.

:arrow: 8.30 pm. Vintage Radio: The Most Dangerous Game.
[/b]

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2003, 03:20:25 pm »
Ok Its just in time. Hope you enjoy it.

It’s the old style radio.

BBC World Service.

Saturday 11th October.

6.30 pm, repeat 2 am. Play of the Week: Neuromancer. William Gibson’s SF story.

BBC Radio 4.

Thursday 16th October.

2.15 pm. Afternoon Play: The House at World’s End. Ghost story featuring a character called MR James (Yes that writer).

11 pm. The Rapid Eye Movement. Return of the comedy/fantasy of the theatre group in Chester’s head. An adult numb skulls.

DAB fully wired (ok it’s a sad pun on wireless, Sorry).

BBC Radio 7.

Saturday 11th October.

1 pm and 2 am. The Night of the Hunter. Final Part.

6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Twilight Zone: Thirty Fathom Grave. (1/20.) Yep it’s that TZ and this is the new US series. And it is 40 minutes.

6.40 pm repeat 12.40 am. The 7th Dimension: The Quatermass Memoirs. Docudrama by Nigel Kneale. (1/5.)

Sunday 12th October.

6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Journey Into Space: The Red Planet. (7/20).

6.30 pm repeat 12.30 am. The 7th Dimension: Fear on Four: Playing God.

Monday 13th to Friday 17th October.

9 am repeats 6.30 pm and 12.30 am. The Book of the City of Ladies. Allegorical fantasy.

6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Voyage by Stephen Baxter. (1-5/5.)

Oneword.

Sunday 12th October.

7 pm. Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward. (1/4.)

8.30 pm. Vintage Radio: The Most Dangerous Game.

Monday 13th to Thursday 16th October.

10 pm. The Fall of the House of Usher. Note Monday’s episode begins after the Simple Truth, which begins at 10 pm.

Tuesday 14th October.

8.30 pm. Vintage Radio: Time and Time Again.

Sorry its in simple scrawl I'm in a hurry. Bye. Wayne.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2003, 03:55:57 pm »
Hello again its radio time. Next weeks radio stuff. Note the old radio stations have playback/listen again.

On traditional are:

BBC World Service.

Saturday 18th October.

:arrow: 6.30 pm repeat 2.00 am. Neuromancer by William Gibson. Pt. 2.

BBC Radio 4.

Thursday 23rd October.

:arrow: 11 pm. The Rapid Eye Movement. (2/6.). In the Heat of the Nightie.

On the flash new DAB we have:

BBC Radio 7.

Saturday 18th October.

:arrow: 1 pm Sea Wolf by Jack London. (1/4.)

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Twilight Zone: Escape Clause. (2/20.)

:arrow: 6.40 pm repeat 12.40 am. The 7th Dimension: The Quatermass Memoirs. Docudrama by Nigel Kneale. (2/5.)

Sunday 19th October.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Journey Into Space: The Red Planet. (8/20). Where is the missing crewmember?

:arrow: 6.30 pm repeat 12.30 am. The 7th Dimension: Fear on Four: Viscous Fish.  Let?s all do the conga. Sorry.

Monday 20th to Friday 24th October.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Price of Fear. (1-5/5.) Starring Vincent Price. The first tale also stars Peter Cushing. The 5 tales are The Man Who Hated Scenes, Come As You Are, The Ninth Removal, Soul Music and Hello my dears.

Monday 20th to Tuesday 21st October.

:arrow: 10 am repeat 1 am. Hawksmoor by Peter Ackroyd. (1-2/2.) Dramatisation.

Oneword.

Sunday 12th October.

:arrow: 7 pm. Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward. (2/4.) Starring Corin Redgrave and Joanna Lumley.

:arrow: 8.30 pm. Vintage Radio: Time and Time Again.

Monday 20th to Friday 24th October.

:arrow: 4.30 pm. Coraline by Neil Gaiman read by Dawn French. (1-5/6.) Note the first episode follows Robin of Sherwood on Monday.

Tuesday 14th October.

:arrow: 8.30 pm. Vintage Radio: No Rest For the Dead.

Not only is Sherlock Holmes lurking in the schedules but also Raffles. Good luck in finding them.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2003, 03:09:14 pm »
Hello again. In the week that ends in Halloween, radio is doing nicely. With the repeats and listen again you don’t have to miss anything, in theory.

So here is what is on the traditional channels.

BBC Radio 3

Thursday 30th October.

7.30 pm. Opera on 3. Le Grande Macabre. Ligeti’s mad world of demons that want to end the world.

BBC Radio 4.

Saturday 25th October

:arrow: 2.30 pm. The Saturday Play: The Lodger. Marie Belloc Lowndes’s classic based on Jack the Ripper. An hour-long play, when the Bunting’s get a new lodger things start to happen. Monday 27th

Monday 27th October

:arrow: 8 pm. Britain’s X-Files. About secret Brit. Investigations into UFO egged on by fear of the Soviets

Thursday 30th October.

:arrow:  11 pm. The Rapid Eye Movement. (3/6.). I Know What You Did Last Slumber. The show is a lot better than the punning title.

Friday 31st October

:arrow: 9 pm. The Friday Play: Terror. Aid worker’s train crashes but why and are they only ones on the train. A thriller but 3 had a dream about the crash and a bomber.

On lovely new DAB there is:

BBC Radio 7.

Saturday 25th October.

:arrow: 1 pm Sea Wolf by Jack London. (2/4.)

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Twilight Zone: The Lateness Of The Hour: Starring Jane Seymour. (3/20.)

:arrow: 6.40 pm repeat 12.40 am. The 7th Dimension: The Quatermass Memoirs. Docudrama by Nigel Kneale. (3/5.)

Sunday 26th October.

:arrow: 1 pm, repeat 2 am. The Ghost Train: Arnold Ridley’s 20’s tale.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Journey Into Space: The Red Planet. (9/20).

:arrow: 6.30 pm repeat 12.30 am. The 7th Dimension: Fear on Four: Hellhound on My Trail.

Monday 27th to Friday 31st October

:arrow: 9.15 am repeat 12.45 am. Ghost Stories. Read by Tony Doyle. (1-5/5.)

Monday 27th.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Company of Wolves. Angela Carter’s Little Red Riding Hood.

Tuesday 28th October.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Red as Blood. Tanith Lee’s Snow White.

Wednesday 29th to Friday 31st October.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Birds. Daphne du Maurier’s tale of revolting birds. Sorry.

Thursday 30th to Friday 31st October.

:arrow: 9 am repeat 12.30 am. Mark Twain Stories. Read Kelsey Grammar. Cannibalism In The Cars. A Train is marooned the food is gone and suppertime approaches. (1-2/2.)

Oneword.

Saturday 25th October.

:arrow: 6 pm Vintage Radio. Strangers on a Train. Starring Ray Milland.

:arrow: 7 pm. Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward. (2/4.) Starring Corin Redgrave and Joanna Lumley.

Sunday 12th October.

:arrow: 8.30 pm. Vintage Radio: No Rest For The Dead.

Monday 27th October.

:arrow: 4.30 pm. Coraline by Neil Gaiman read by Dawn French. (6/6.) .

Tuesday 14th October.

:arrow:  8.30 pm. Vintage Radio: Three Skeleton Quay.

And on Radio 6 Music its Goth week.  There is Siouxsie and a battle of the bands between Bauhaus and Sister’s of Mercy, etc.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2003, 01:50:32 pm »
These are in the main listing but I was in a rush so I’ll add the stories titles etc. here. If they had been in the normal listings you would have had these sooner.

BBC Radio 7

Monday 27th to Friday 31st October

9.15 am repeat 12.45 am. Ghost Stories. Read by Tony Doyle. (1-5/5.)

Monday: The Erlking. The spirit of the forest blights a man’s life.

Tuesday: Mr. Pettinger’s Demon. A priest finds more than he bargains for when he in encounter’s his predecessor’s legacy in taking up a new post.

Wednesday: Mr. Gray’s Folly. What ancient secret lies beneath the foundations?

Thursday: the Ritual of the bones. An old school tradition is not so innocent.

Friday: Nocturne. A piano playing late at night leads to a dangerous confrontation.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2003, 01:42:27 am »
You all know how much I love the listings. Well here’s another reason why I’m smitten with them, because of errors in some listing or omissions I put here another update.

Mark Twain Stories are actually 2 tales. 'Cannibalism in the Cars', is on Thursday and on Friday the tale is  'A Ghost Story'. Of course this maybe the other way round.

Ghost Stories are on at 6.45pm, as well as the other times.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2003, 01:48:50 am »
Welcome to the wonderful word of sound. Hope you enjoy it.

On the flat earth radio we have.

BBC Radio 4.

Monday 3rd November.

:arrow: 8 pm. The New X-Files. Follow up on last years (repeated last week) show about secret Brit. Investigations into UFO, now there is more.

Thursday 6th November.

:arrow: 11 pm. The Rapid Eye Movement. (4/6.). Where Ego’s Dare. The ID of Chester fights his Super Ego to the end.

On pointy new DAB there is (Not sure if the pointy is a good thing though.)

BBC Radio 7.

Saturday 1st November.

:arrow: 1 pm repeat 2 am. Sea Wolf by Jack London. (3/4.)

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Twilight Zone: A Stop at Willoughby’s. (4/20.)

:arrow: 6.40 pm repeat 12.40 am. The 7th Dimension: The Quatermass Memoirs. Docudrama by Nigel Kneale. (4/5.)

Sunday 2nd November.

:arrow: 8 am repeat 9 pm. The Moonstone. (1/6.).

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Journey Into Space: The Red Planet. (10/20). What is the orange light?

:arrow: 6.30 pm repeat 12.30 am. The 7th Dimension: Fear on Four: Hearing is Believing.

Monday 3rd to Friday 7th November

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Heart of Hark’un. Fantasy about a young sorcerer called Arcos.

Thursday 6th to Friday 7th November.

:arrow: 1 pm repeat 8 pm. Strangers on a Train. (1-2/2.) It’s a different version from the Oneword one last week.

Oneword. Isn’t it nice of Oneword to push they good horror stuff towards the arse end of the schedule?

Saturday 1st November.

:arrow: 7 pm. Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward. (4/4.) Starring Corin Redgrave and Joanna Lumley. What do you do with 2 dead wives?

Sunday 2nd November.

:arrow: 11.30 pm Vintage Radio. Three Skeleton Quay. Vincent Price stars in this episode on Escape about a lighthouse surrounded by giant hungry rats.

Wednesday 5th November.

:arrow: 11.30 pm Vintage Radio. The Judas Clock. In this Inner Sanctum episode a clock will only work if it is weighted with 30 pieces of silver and then…

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2003, 03:19:59 pm »
Here’s a little more information on Thursday and Friday’s Thriller. Craig Warner's two-part dramatisation of Patricia Highsmith's Strangers on a Train starring Anton Lesser, Michael Sheen, Saskia Reeves and Bill Nighy. This was Highsmith's first novel and the source for Alfred Hitchcock's classic 1953 film. Strangers on a Train tells the story of a chance meeting for two men aboard a train, the pact they make and the grim reality that ensues.

Never sure if I should put in things like:
 :arrow: John Mortimer Presents Sensational British Trials, which continues it’s run next week and covers such infamous crimes as The Case of the Liverpool Poisoner. It runs next Monday to Friday at 1.30 pm and repeated at 8.30 pm. (2 - 6/6.); or like:
 :arrow: Northanger Abbey, Jane Austen's gothic satire, tells the story of the troubled romance between Catherine Morland and Henry Tilney. It is read by Juliet Stevenson and directed by the late Pat McLoughlin. Its on from Monday to Friday at 9.15 am and repeated 6.45 pm and 12.45 am (The following morning).

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2003, 06:22:42 pm »
Ok children just in time for the weekend here is the what’s on

On the old fashioned analogue we have:

BBC Radio 4

Sunday 9th November.

:arrow: 2.45 pm. Clever Trees. Documentary. Weird trees and trees that changed history.

Monday 10th to Friday 14th November.

:arrow: 10.45 pm. A book at Bedtime: The Riddle of the Sands. Not horror or fantasy, but a wonderful old ripping yarn read by Christopher Bonham-Carter. Sorry but I just love this stuff.

Thursday 13h November.

:arrow: 11.30 am. Gothic Quest: Madness, Murder and Monsters in the Lab. (1/2.) What does gothic really mean?

:arrow: 11 pm. The Rapid Eye Movement. (5/6.). Bed Boy Buddy. Chester is in a coma and that means he gets to meat the REM theatre players.

On new sound on the block DAB (digital is sent in blocks…errrr, I’ll get my coat.)

BBC Radio 7.

Saturday 8th November.

:arrow: 1 pm repeat 2 am. Sea Wolf by Jack London. (4/4.) The end is nigh.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Twilight Zone: A Nervous Man in a Four Dollar Room. (5/20.) What is it he sees in the mirror? Starring Adam Baldwin (How many Baldwins are there?) Right this is the 5th episode; don’t let anyone tell you differently.

:arrow: 6.40 pm repeat 12.40 am. The 7th Dimension: The Quatermass Memoirs. Docudrama by Nigel Kneale. (5/5.)

Sunday 2nd November.

:arrow: 8 am repeat 9 pm. The Moonstone. (2/6.). The first detective story? This has all the staples of Victorian melodrama that influences the mad old British horror films.

:arrow: 9 am repeat 10 pm.  Jamaica Inn (1/4) Mary Yellan arrives at Jamaica Inn on Bodmin Moor where she meets her uncle and begins to form suspicions of his terrible trade. Don’t you just love this sort of thing?

:arrow: 1 pm repeat 2 am. The Lake. Childhood memories and perhaps something more sinister continue to draw Ben Wheeler back to a lake. Sorry this is all the info. I can glean on this.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Journey Into Space: The Red Planet. (11/20).

:arrow: 6.30 pm repeat 12.30 am. The 7th Dimension: Fear on Four: Life Line. Is that the voice of Belinda, poor departed Belinda?

Monday 10th November.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Heart of Hark’un. Fantasy. Final part.

Tuesday 11th to Friday 14th November.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Aliens in the Mind. 2 strangers appear on an island after the death of the doctor, but is it his death or a possible mutation on the island that brings them? Starring Peter Cushing and Vincent Price.

Oneword. I think there is a conspiracy about the Oneword listings, and a lot of it is down to Oneword who leave big gaps in their schedule. So if you are sitting quietly I'll begin to SCREAM. AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH. That’s better.

Sunday 9th November.

:arrow: 7 pm. Vintage Radio. The Seven Keys to Baldgate, featuring Cecil B. DeMille. Right, the film was The Seven Keys to Baldpate (unless the listings miss spelt it) based on Earl Derr Biggers’ book. The House of Long Shadows is the horror variation.

:arrow: 11.30 pm Vintage Radio. The Judas Clock. In this Inner Sanctum episode a clock will only work if it is weighted with 30 pieces of silver and then…. This appears in 3 listings.

Friday 14th November.

:arrow: 4 pm repeat 5 am. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. (1/7.)

Tuesday 11th November

:arrow: 8.30 pm Vintage Radio. Requiem. This only appears in Oneword digiguide listings.

Wednesday 12th November.

:arrow: 11.30 pm Vintage Radio. The Judas Clock 1 listing only or Requiem. 2 out of 3 listings prefer Requiem.

The stories marked in blue I think are true. Good grief this stuff is ruff on the mind, and most unkind. Help me please, I can’t take it any more.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2003, 10:38:14 pm »
This was to be posted earlier, but I went to the pub instead. Sorry bit you do need priorities in this world.

Snap, crackle and talk, we have plenty new for you:

BBC Radio 3.

Sunday 16th November.

:arrow: 8 pm. Drama on 3: Confessions of a Justified Sinner. James Hogg brings religion, murder and a doppelganger to the airwaves. The version is produced in the form of a documentary; interviews are interlaced with the taped confession of the murderer. This sounds good, and will appear on listen again if you miss it.

BBC Radio 4

Monday 17th November.

:arrow: 11.30 am. The 6 Mothers-in-law of King Henry VIII. Comedy, it just sounds like horror. (1/9.).

Monday 17th to Friday 21st November.

:arrow: 10.45 pm. A book at Bedtime: The Riddle of the Sands. Not horror or fantasy, but a wonderful old ripping yarn read by Christopher Bonham-Carter. The last 5 parts this week.

Tuesday 18th November.

:arrow: 9.30 am. Blood is Thicker Than Water. A documentary on blood. I thought this would be appropriate. Did you know there are over 100 blood groups with more being discovered all the time?

Thursday 20th November.

:arrow: 11.30 am. Gothic Quest: Graveyards, Glamour and Celluloid Ghosts. (2/2.) The search for the Gothic meaning goes on.

:arrow: 11 pm. The Rapid Eye Movement. (6/6.). Coma Love. Chester has an idea, which slips through the door to his unconsciousness and appears as a baby to his REM theatre players.

DAB the old sound with a new voice.

BBC Radio 7.

Saturday 15th November.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Twilight Zone: Midnight Sun (6/20.) Is the Earth really on a collision course with blazing star?

:arrow: 6.45 pm repeat 12.45 am. The 7th Dimension: Mark Twain Story: A Ghost Story. Read by Kelsey Grammar.

Sunday 16th November.

:arrow: 8 am repeat 9 pm. The Moonstone. (3/6.). This has all the staples of Victorian melodrama that influences the mad old British horror films. Who has the stone now?

:arrow: 9 am repeat 10 pm. Jamaica Inn (2/4) Dastardly things are afoot, but what will become of Mary?

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Journey Into Space: The Red Planet. (12/20). What has the travelling light been up to?

:arrow: 6.30 pm repeat 12.30 am. The 7th Dimension: Fear on Four: Net Suicide. Is it possible to see no future, quite literally?

Monday 17th to Tuesday 18th November.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Aliens in the Mind. Is this mutation on the island now a threat to the world? Starring Peter Cushing and Vincent Price. (4-5/5.)

Wednesday 19th to Friday 21st November.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Doctor Who. Paradise of Death. The Dr. is called in to investigate a horrific murder in Space World. Starring Jon Pertwee. Why does the net version of radio Times insist that Sylvester McCoy is in all forthcoming Dr. Who tales? (1-3/5.)

Oneword.

Sunday 16th November.

:arrow: 11.30 pm Vintage Radio. Requiem. This was the 1st episode of Beyond Tomorrow, which only ran for 3 shows. Everett Sloane stars in this Robert Heinlein story.

Monday 17th to Tuesday 18th November  & Thursday 20th to Friday 21st November.

:arrow: 4 pm repeat 5 am. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. (1-3 & 4 -5/7.)

Tuesday 11th November.

:arrow: 8.30 pm Vintage Radio. Make Ready My Grave. This is with Richard Widmark. Not yet in the radio Times hard copy, but we can hope.

Wednesday 12th November.

:arrow: 11.30 pm Vintage Radio. Make Ready My Grave.

Well hope you enjoy the radio next week.

Wayne.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2003, 12:37:08 am »
Well I’m off to FantasyCon so I’ve managed to get my sorry *rs* into gear early this time.

Right on the old analogue wave catchers we have

BBC Radio 2.

Friday 28th November

:arrow: 9.15 pm. The Hound of the Baskervilles. (1/8.) Hugh Laurie reads this old Holmes tale. (Note the old sleuth is also lurking on other DAB networks)

BBC Radio 4

Monday 24th November.

:arrow: 11.30 am. The 6 Mothers-in-law of King Henry VIII. An unreliable history. (2/6.).

Monday 24th to Friday 28th November.

:arrow: 10.45 pm. A Book at Bedtime: Dracula. (1-5/10.) In this reading there are 4 reading, one for each diary and letter writer in the book.

Tuesday 25th November.

:arrow: 9.30 am. Blood is Thicker Than Water. A documentary on blood. Part 2 shows the cultural impact of tracing blood groups.

in the block unscrabbling DAB we have

BBC Radio 7.

Saturday 22nd November.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Twilight Zone: I Am Night, Colour Me Black. (7/20.) Jagger sits waiting for execution but the sun has failed to rise.

:arrow: 6.45 pm repeat 12.45 am. The 7th Dimension: Dr. Who: Slipback. (1/3.) Starring Colin Baker.

Sunday 23rd November.

:arrow: 8 am repeat 9 pm. The Moonstone. (4/6.)

:arrow: 9 am repeat 10 pm. Jamaica Inn (3/4.)

:arrow: 2.30 pm repeat 8.30 pm  The Fall Of The Mausoleum Club: The Pet And The Pendulum. (1/6.) The Suicide Club is sent up, again.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Journey Into Space: The Red Planet. (13/20). Does the light hold the key to the missing crew?

:arrow: 6.30 pm repeat 12.30 am. The 7th Dimension: Fear on Four: Tapping. For 30 years a tapping has haunted Tom but Janey has a plan.

Monday 24th to Tuesday 25th November.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Doctor Who. Paradise of Death. Starring Jon Pertwee (4-5/5.)

Wednesday 26th to Friday 28th November.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Doctor Who. The Ghosts of N-Space. Starring Jon Pertwee. (1-3/5.) The Brigadier’s uncle is having problems with ghosts.

Oneword.

Sunday 23rd November.

:arrow: 11.30 pm Vintage Radio. Make Ready My Grave. This is with Richard Widmark.

Monday 24th to Tuesday 25th November.

:arrow: 4 pm repeat 5 am. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. (6-7/7.)

Tuesday 25th November.

:arrow: 8.30 pm Vintage Radio: Nightmare.

Wednesday 26th November.

:arrow: 11.30 pm Vintage Radio: Nightmare.

Enjoy the airwaves.

Wayne.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
Radio
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2003, 03:37:36 am »
Well I’m back from FantasyCon and I’ve just about recovered. Hope you like the listing this week and hopefully I’ve not missed anything.

On MONDAY at 3.30pm  there was a tale Curly Tales: The Proceeding of That Night. A nice take on the MR James radio tale. If you go to the Radio 4 site use the Listen Again feature to hear it until Sunday. Cheers for 'Lurker' pointing this out.

In the wrinkly corner we have:

BBC Radio 2.

Friday 5th December.

:arrow: 9.15 pm. The Hound of the Baskervilles. (2/8.) Hugh Laurie reads this old Holmes tale. (Note the old sleuth is also lurking on other DAB networks, in fact even this very tale.)

BBC Radio 4

Sunday 30th November.

:arrow: 2.15 pm. The Classic Serial: The Midwich Cuckoos. All the women in the village become pregnant at the same time…. Lovely cast; Bill Nighy, Sarah Parish and Clive Merrison; and good write-ups should ensure a wonderful series. (1/2).

Monday 1st December.

:arrow: 11.30 am. The 6 Mothers-in-law of King Henry VIII. An unreliable history. (3/6.). And then there was Seymour.

:arrow: 2.15 pm. The Afternoon Play: McLevy. (1/4.) Brian Cox’s Victorian Edinburgh makes a welcome return. I know its crime fiction but if I can mention Holmes then why not McLevy?

Monday 1st Friday to 5th December.

:arrow: 3.30 pm. Fantastic Tales. (1 – 5/5.) 1: In the Avu Observatory: H.G. Wells [When star gazing, do you hear is what is outside.]; 2: The Voice of God: Winifred Holtby. [Turn off the radio & what is this?]; 3: The Cookie Lady: Phillip K. Dick. [Be warned of old ladies.]; 4: The Prisoner of the Coral Deep: J.G. Ballard. [A Giant Woman Beckons.]; 5: The Half Pair: Bertram Chandler. [In deep space, domestic strife.]

:arrow: 7.45 pm. Fathers. 5 differing tales, but it maybe of interest. The first tale is, ‘Spooky Little Eyes’, about a control freak who is expecting the birth of a son.

:arrow: 10.45 pm. A Book at Bedtime: Dracula. (6 – 10) 4 readers are working

Tuesday 2nd December.

:arrow: 9.30 am. Blood is Thicker Than Water. A documentary on blood. Part 3 (of 5) Are you related to a pharaoh and has some one been reading Anne Rice?

Thursday 4th December.

:arrow: 2.15 pm. The Afternoon Play: Talking To Sticky. A woman’s weekly highlight is a crematorium visit and then her dog Sticky dies.

Friday 5th December.

:arrow: 2.15 pm. The Afternoon Play: The Confessions of Nostradamus. How he survived in dangerous times.

:arrow: 9 pm. The Friday Play: The Tuner. An ex-miner, who hates the light, eavesdrops by tuning into others talk and becomes fascinated with the mysterious Radio Girl [no relation] who knows about his past.

These last three plays may fit into our chosen genre, and then they may not. Pigeonholing would make my life easier.

The new skin over old tales.

BBC Radio 7.

Saturday 29th November.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: The Twilight Zone: After Hours. (8/20.) A woman is locked in on the 9th floor of a department store, a floor that does not exist.

:arrow: 6.45 pm repeat 12.45 am. The 7th Dimension: Dr. Who: Slipback. (2/3.) Starring Colin Baker.

Sunday 30th November.

:arrow: 8 am repeat 9 pm. The Moonstone. (5/6.)

:arrow: 9 am repeat 10 pm. Jamaica Inn (4/4.)

:arrow: 10 am repeat 11 pm. The Hound of the Baskervilles. (1/2.) At this rate we will all be Holmes.

:arrow: 2.30 pm repeat 8.30 pm The Fall Of The Mausoleum Club: The Charge of the Boys Brigade. (2/6.) In South Africa miss Primrose General Cheeseman.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Journey Into Space: The Red Planet. (14/20). What does the city in the jungle hold?

:arrow: 6.30 pm repeat 12.30 am. The 7th Dimension: Fear on Four: The Chimes at Midnight. Starring David Suchet.

Monday 1st to Wednesday 3rd December

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Doctor Who. The Ghosts of N-Space. Starring Jon Pertwee. (4-6/6.) The Brigadier’s uncle’s monk is the problem.

Thursday 4th to Friday 5th December.

:arrow: 6 pm repeat midnight. The 7th Dimension: Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett. (1 – 2/4). This one has witches in it, on a stick, well broom.

Oneword.

Sunday 30th November.

:arrow: 11.30 pm Vintage Radio: Nightmare

Tuesday 2nd December

:arrow: 8.30 pm Vintage Radio: The Name of the Beast. {My guess on this is an episode of Suspense Starring Vincent Price.}

Wednesday 3rd December.

:arrow: 11.30 pm Vintage Radio: The Name of the Beast.

There is also lurking on Oneword Through the Looking Glass, the listing were poor though.  :evil:

Hope you find something you like.  :wink:

Wayne.