Author Topic: David A. Riley  (Read 39056 times)

Offline David A. Riley

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • rileybooks
Re: David A. Riley
« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2015, 04:26:15 PM »

My horror novel Moloch's Children will be free on Thursday the 6th August for one day only.

Please feel free to write a review if the urge is there.

trade paperback:

amazon.co.uk  7.99
amazon.com   $9.99

ebook:

amazon.co.uk  2.99 - free for the 6th August
amazon.com  $4.68 - free for the 6th August

Offline David A. Riley

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • rileybooks
« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2015, 08:31:13 PM »

My zombie story, Dead Ronnie and I, is today's offering on the Vault of Evil's Advent Calendar. I hope anyone who downloads it enjoys the ride! This story is published here for the first time.

Dead Ronnie and I: http://vaultofevil.proboards.com/attachment/download/496

Vault of Evil's Advent Calendar: http://vaultofevil.proboards.com/thread/6164/vault-advent-calendar-christmas-doomed

Offline David A. Riley

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • rileybooks
« Reply #212 on: November 03, 2016, 09:53:48 AM »

The Gal in the Blue Mask blog just published a lengthy interview with me. For anyone interested, the link to it is here:

http://the-gal-in-the-blue-mask.blogspot.com/

Offline Dave Brzeski

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 03, 2016, 01:32:32 PM »
That interview contains my new favourite typo ever! Johnny Maims;D
Interesting to read about why Beyond folded. The exact same thing happened to Far Point, which featured my other half,  Jilly paddock's second ever story sale in the second issue. W.H. Smiths ordered 12,000 copies, sold 3,000, pulped the rest without even bothering to notify the publisher & left him with a huge printing bill. He managed 4 issues, before packing it in.

Offline David A. Riley

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • rileybooks
« Reply #214 on: November 03, 2016, 10:00:25 PM »
Oddly enough, it was Far Point that gave me the inspiration to start up Beyond serveral years later - though if I had known its experience with Smiths I might have had second thoughts - or not been conned by them into printing and sending them as many copies as I did!

I had a story accepted by Far Point, but unfortunately the magazine folded before it was published.

It was a good magazine while it lasted.

Ha ha. Yes, Johnny Maims!  :o

Offline David A. Riley

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • rileybooks
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2017, 12:04:27 AM »
Just learned that Gallery of Curiosities podcast has accepted a reprint story of mine, After Nightfall, for an audio transmission.

This will be the 7th time this story has been published:

1970 - in a slightly different form - Weird Window 1, published by Shadow Publishing, edited by David A. Sutton
1971 - The Year's Best Horror Fiction 1 - Sphere Books and Daw Books, edited by Richard Davis
1985 - Fantasy Tales #15, edited by Stephen Jones and David A. Sutton
1992 - Tayaschiysya Horror 2, (Таящийся ужас 2) published in Russia, translated by Vladimir Vladimirov (This was an unauthorised reprint which I didn't find out about till years later)
2011 - Zombies! Zombies! Zombies! published by Vintage Books, edited by Otto Penzler
2012 - Zombies: A Compendium of the Living Dead, published by Corvus/Atlantic Books, edited by Otto Penzler
2013 - The Lurkers in the Abyss & Other Tales of Terror, published by Shadoiw Publishing

I have also just had a story published by Mythic magazine (issue 4): A Grim God's Revenge.