Author Topic: Inception  (Read 7281 times)

Offline Jec

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
Re: Inception
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 10:30:42 pm »
Just watched it. It was an interesting, complex film. I wouldn't rave about it, but I did enjoy it and even though I guessed he would set the top spinning at the end, it still worked well when it started to wobble and then - cut!

I'm with Shaun on this - it was interesting film -  but not exceptional.  I am gGlad to have seen it - but very much doubt I would watch it again too soon. 

I just took the 'top spinning' ending  as one of those ratherinevitable director's hooks - leaving the gate open for Inception 2

Offline Craig Herbertson

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • craigherbertson.com
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 11:37:14 pm »
Just watched it. It was an interesting, complex film. I wouldn't rave about it, but I did enjoy it and even though I guessed he would set the top spinning at the end, it still worked well when it started to wobble and then - cut!

I'm with Shaun on this - it was interesting film -  but not exceptional.  I am gGlad to have seen it - but very much doubt I would watch it again too soon. 

I just took the 'top spinning' ending  as one of those ratherinevitable director's hooks - leaving the gate open for Inception 2

I concede it was  an 'inevitable directors hook'. It was the perfect timing of the cut that I admired  mostly, neither spinning  nor falling.

The only other film I have enjoyed as much in recent years was Red Cliff - before that it was probably Passport to Pimlico...

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 08:34:28 am »

-  it was probably Passport to Pimlico...

Brilliant film  :)