Author Topic: TTA Authors  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Roy

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
TTA Authors
« on: December 08, 2010, 12:17:22 PM »
Interzone July 2009, the Dominic Green Interzone special issue (#223), did its job and brought him some recognition from publishers. Dominic, one of Interzone’s top ten fiction contributors with over 20 stories in the magazine - including three in that special, now has his first novel “Smallworld” out this month. Fingerpress will publish it in time for Christmas.

Matt Stephens, of Fingerpress, told me "The special issue actually introduced me to Dominic's writing (I'd heard of him before that but hadn't read his stories), and was what prompted me to contact him... "

Four of Dominic's Interzone stories have been picked for the prestigious Year's Best Science Fiction Anthologies since 1999 and his The Clockwork Atom Bomb (read it here) was nominated for the 2005 Hugo Award. Listen to the podcast here. . The 2010 edition of TheYear's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Seventh Annual Collection  contains his Butterfly Bomb from that special issue. This story is set in Dominic’s Proprietor’s Universe as is Smallworld.

For a pre Christmas laugh try his Sherlock Holmes pastiche The Adventure of the Lost World appears on the BBC Cult TV website.

Plus check out the podcast of his "That Thing Over There" (Interzone June 1998 and Year's Best SF 4, 1999) at Transmissions from Beyond.

Latest issue of Interzone.