Author Topic: Send me your news  (Read 2032 times)

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
Send me your news
« on: December 28, 2011, 08:32:59 pm »
The BFS website can only be as good as the information we have available to put on it, so please, please, please send me your news! If you're an author/editor/publisher and you have some book news, let us know. If you're a reader/fan and you know of something which you think will be of interest to others, let us know. We're looking for author/artist news, book news, film news, games news, event news, readings, signings, etc, etc - anything which you feel will be of interest to fellow genre fans.

Email your news to me at news@britishfantasysociety.org. Cheers!  :)

Also, if you don't visit the main website very often, why not change your bookmark so that you access this forum via the website? Del and the rest of us posting news, reviews and events on the site have been working hard to make it something worth visiting, so please don't miss out.  :-*
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
Re: Send me your news
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 12:20:59 pm »
Hi Caroline -- you're doing a great job, posting news items on the BFS website. Well done!

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 07:13:44 pm »
Cheers, Peter. It's been going a little slowly lately - I have lots of work (paid) and other stuff on at the moment, so sometimes BFS things have to take a back seat. But I assume I must be doing OK if nobody complains!  :D

Folk are sending me lots of news, so that's great (I must apologise to them, though, if I take a while to post it).

Offline Phillip Spencer

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Nightspore
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 09:50:14 pm »
Folk are sending me lots of news, so that's great (I must apologise to them, though, if I take a while to post it).

You're doing a fine job with it and posting faster than I seem to be reading it!  Your efforts are much appreciated. I have now got into the habit of checking the site at least a couple of times a week as so much is going up.  Only just caught the Stephen Hunt free Kindle story today, on the last day of availability.

Thanks
Phillip

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 09:26:51 am »
 :)  :)  :)

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 12:36:26 pm »
I have now got into the habit of checking the site at least a couple of times a week as so much is going up.

Excellent - that's our aim! Glad you're enjoying it, Phillip.

And don't forget it isn't just me posting news - there are the folk posting reviews too. I must admit, I'm reading the reviews more myself now, now that they're more prominent on the site. I definitely think it was the right move to put reviews online rather than in the Journal, and hopefully this will be driving more traffic to the site too.  :)