Author Topic: New BFS competition - win a pair of tickets to Discover Festival!  (Read 2056 times)

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
We have a fabulous prize up for grabs in another free prize draw! Thanks to the generosity of Alex Davis, organiser of the Discover Festival (a weekend of SFFH in Leicestershire), we can offer one lucky winner a pair of tickets to the festival (worth 45 each).

The festival takes place at Shibston Discovery Park, Coalville, Leicestershire, over the weekend of 18 - 20 May 2012. It features well-known guests, author readings, panel discussions and workshops, and you can be there for free. This competition is open to both BFS members AND non-members, but entries from BFS members will count as TWO entries to the competition, giving members more chance of winning.

All you have to do to be in with the chance (or two chances!) of winning tickets is to answer the following easy question:

Who are the three Guests of Honour at the Discover Festival?
(HINT: The answer can be found at the Festival website at http://www.discoverfestival.co.uk/)

Email your answer to news@britishfantasysociety.org with the subject line DISCOVER COMPETITION, by midnight UK time on Friday 16 March 2012. Please give your name, and indicate whether you are a BFS member or non-member (if you know your membership number this would be useful too, but if you don't know it, don't worry as we can check this).

One lucky winner will then be randomly drawn, notified and sent their tickets as soon as possible thereafter. Remember, if you're a BFS member you only need to email once and your entry will be counted TWICE, giving you more chance of winning. But if you haven't yet decided to join the BFS you can still enter the competition (you might like to think about joining too though - which you can do at http://www.britishfantasysociety.co.uk/join-the-bfs/). BFS committee members are, of course, excluded from entering the competition.

Watch out for further MEMBER-ONLY competitions coming soon too!
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
Re: New BFS competition - win a pair of tickets to Discover Festival!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 12:38:32 am »
Hey, folks, don't forget to get your entries in for this competition before the closing date this Friday!  ;D

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:28:26 pm »
Last chance saloon - final 24 hours before the competition closes. Send me your competition entries or I'm coming round to get you ...
* mad laughter echoes along the corridor as she exits *
 ;D

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 06:03:25 pm »
We have a winner of our competition! Selina Lock will be receiving two tickets to the Discover Festival shortly. Nice one, Selina!  :)

Thanks to all of you who entered, and I'm sorry you couldn't all win. However, I will be announcing another nice competition (BFS members only) shortly (this time with a book as a prize), so you can always try your luck again ...  ;)

Oh, and if you didn't win this time, you can still buy your tickets for Discover Festival at http://www.discoverfestival.co.uk/

I'll be there! Mind you, I maybe shouldn't have told you that or it might put you off going ...  :o

Offline Selina

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Girly Comic & Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 07:46:22 pm »
Thanks Caroline. Thrilled to have won  ;D

Look forward to seeing you there.