Author Topic: BFS EGM - Agenda  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Del Lakin-Smith

• Warrior
    • View Profile
BFS EGM - Agenda
« on: December 05, 2011, 08:37:07 pm »
Extraordinary General Meeting of the British Fantasy Society 6.00pm The Mug House Tooley Street near London Bridge Friday 9 December 2011.

NB. We will be starting at 6.00pm promptly to take care of formal business.  Hopefully this will give us some time for an open discussion on future priorities for the Society.  The meeting will by followed by the Open Event with special guests at 7.30pm.  You must be a fully paid-up member of the Society to attend the EGM.  Everyone else is most welcome to come to the Open Event.

AGENDA

1.   Apologies For Absence

2.   Minutes Of The AGM Sunday 1st October 2011

3.   Matters Arising.

4.   Statement of Accounts

5.   Chairperson’s Report

6.   Ratification of Election of New Officers to the BFS Committee

7.   Results of Voting on BFS Awards

8.   Future priorities for the Society

9.   Any Other Business.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:40:20 pm by Del Lakin-Smith »

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
Re: BFS EGM - Agenda
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 10:27:59 pm »
Not sure who to ask, but I'd be very interested in seeing a copy of the statement of accounts and the 2011 AGM minutes, if possible... If they're in the new journal, I'm happy to wait. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 08:00:07 am »
They were not available for inclusion in the Xmas Journal.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 04:19:29 pm »
If anyone else is interested in the minutes of the 2011 AGM, they're available from Marion Pitman, the new BFS secretary (secretary@britishfantasysociety.org).

Offline Phillip Spencer

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Nightspore
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 12:34:59 pm »
If anyone else is interested in the minutes of the 2011 AGM, they're available from Marion Pitman, the new BFS secretary (secretary@britishfantasysociety.org).

Seems like a bit of an administration load for the secretary.  I would have thought this is an ideal item to be posted in the Members Section.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 04:39:47 pm »
Is there one yet? But yes -and it would be good to have the 2010-2011 accounts available there too. Haven't got my hands on a copy of those yet.

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 09:30:32 pm »

Seems like a bit of an administration load for the secretary.  I would have thought this is an ideal item to be posted in the Members Section.

I suggested that to Lee, but I think the problem is that not every member has access to that section of the forum yet. I believe it's still a work-in-progress to get a "members only" section on the main website. That would be the ideal place for things such as the Minutes and Accounts. Obviously, we can't put them on the open-access website we have at the moment!
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk