Author Topic: Bev Allen  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Bevallen

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Bev Allen
« on: November 08, 2015, 05:34:04 pm »
Yes, I'm another eager author :D Bear with me.
Way back in 2007 I was one of the winners in SFX's short story competition and on the strength of this I decided I might be able to write. Big Finish must have thought so as well, because they let me write a Dr Who story for one of their anthologies.
Despite playing musical publishers, I do have a couple of novels out there, both of which got rather nice BFS reviews.
There is also a novella which I self published after the original publisher went bust, a dark comedy of culinary misadventure.
Should anyone feel the need for a quick free read you will find a selection of my short stories on my web site ( including the SFX winner "Maud: A Garden Tale") , not all of them are fantasy or scifi, but a fair number are.
Thank for your time
Bev

www.bevallenauthor.com

Offline Dave Brzeski

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
Re: Bev Allen
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 11:31:57 pm »
That novella that Bev mentioned (A SOLEMN CURFEW) is one that I suggested for the British Fantasy Award this year. Sadly, whatever chance it had was crippled by the publisher going out of business just at the wrong time, so it wasn't actually available for interested people to read. I believe she's making it free on Amazon this Friday, so keep your eyes peeled for the official announcement.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
Re: Bev Allen
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 07:26:24 am »
Welcome to the forum, Bev!

Offline Bevallen

• Initiate