Author Topic: Another free prize draw! (win a SIGNED Busy Blood - Stuart Hughes/DF Lewis)  (Read 5992 times)

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
We have yet another great free prize draw for you! The BFS has teamed up with theEXAGGERATEDpress to give away a signed copy of Busy Blood, a selection of combo stories by Stuart Hughes and D. F. Lewis. Just answer these three simple questions.

• What is the name of theEXAGGERATEDpress e-zine?
    What is the current editionís theme?
    What is the theme of the next issue?

(Hint: you can find the answers on theEXAGGERATEDpress website at http://exaggeratedpress.weebly.com/)

Email your answers, along with your name, to me at news@britishfantasysociety.org by midnight (UK time) on Saturday 31 March 2012. Use the subject heading BUSY BLOOD. Please note this competition is open to BFS MEMBERS ONLY (excluding committee members).

Good luck!  ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:28:52 pm by CarolineC »
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
Hey folks, what are you waiting for? If you want to win a FREE BOOK get your competition entries in to me NOW!!!    8)

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
Last 24 hours to enter our competition to win a signed copy of "Busy Blood" by Stuart Hughes and D.F. Lewis. Get your entries in to me asap!   :-*

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
We have a winner for our competition. It's ...... *drum roll* ...... Allen Ashley! Congrats, Allen.  :)
(check for my email, Allen, by the way, if you haven't seen it yet)

I must admit I'm a little disappointed by the lack of entries to these competitions I've been doing. Even the previous one - with a prize worth £90 - didn't attract that many entrants. Please, if you want me to do competitions, let me know. If you don't want me to do them, well, tell me. I'm only doing this for you, the members, so if you're not interested I'll spend my time posting news and events instead!  ;)

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
Ooops, forgot to say, if you aren't as lucky as Allen and want a copy of Busy Blood, you can go to the Exaggerated Press website and get a copy for just a fiver:
http://exaggeratedpress.weebly.com/busy-blood.html

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website

I must admit I'm a little disappointed by the lack of entries to these competitions I've been doing. Even the previous one - with a prize worth £90 - didn't attract that many entrants. Please, if you want me to do competitions, let me know. If you don't want me to do them, well, tell me. I'm only doing this for you, the members, so if you're not interested I'll spend my time posting news and events instead!  ;)

Thanks for running the competition, Caroline.  Hope Allen enjoys the book.
But I've found with free competitions, there is very little interest generally. So I've stopped doing them.
A pity as I still have three or four rare 'Weirdmongers' to give away.
MY WEBSITE: www.nemonymous.com

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
It's often the same, Caroline. I used to enter competitions in the Keighley News and win them every time because I was just about the only entrant. Please don't be discouraged - I'll be sure to enter your next one, now I've renewed my membership.

Offline jim mcleod

• Bletherskite
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • The Ginger Nuts of Horror
I would have entered the last one, but there would be no way I could have gone.   I've found it's the same.  I recently ran a competition to win about £200 worth of books from my collection, only got about 10 entries.

Offline Selina

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Girly Comic & Blog
Obviously I'm all for the competitions having won a foresaid big prize  ;D

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
Thanks for your support and encouragement, folks!  :)

Yes, I guess I was a bit discouraged ... but you're right, it happens all over the place - not just here. I probably will do some more competitions some time, and another possibility has been suggested by Lizzie too so we'll see how that goes.

Des - I'm sure Allen will enjoy it! I'm looking forward to getting my copy of Busy Blood from Terry anyway!

Stephen - that doesn't surprise me about the Keighley News. My husband used to work for the publishers of that and the Telegraph & Argus - the words "poor" and "circulation" spring to mind!  ;)

Jim - I did think that travelling distance would be a factor in the Discover Festival competition. After all, no-one would enter if they knew they couldn't get to Leicestershire for it.

Anyway, watch this space (or, rather, this section of the board) in case I do do another comp some time soon ...

Offline Dave Brzeski

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
It's worth entering the competitions. I won the copy of Joseph S. Pulver Sr's 'The Orphan Palace' from Chomu Press, which led to the book getting a glowing review from me & a high recommendation for consideration for a BFS best novel award. (Yes, I AM using this thread as a cheap excuse to recommend it again!)
I'm still sulking because Selina won the Discovery tickets, rather than me. LOL
OK, I didn't get around to entering this last one, but I will keep my eye open for others.
In theory, members will eventually realise that the chances of being the lucky winner in a BFS competition are pretty high, because of low response, which will mean more will enter & it will cease to be the case. Oh well.  ;D

Offline CraigLockley

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Knifesedge PBeM RPGs
I'm all for comps but with everything going on I invariably miss them. Maybe I need a spam email everyday to remind me
Craig
BFS Indie Press and RPG Reviews Editor

So many books, so little time...

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
Maybe I need a spam email everyday to remind me

There's some way of doing that. I know Peter has it set up so that he gets a regular feed of news as I post it on the site. I've no idea how you do it though - Peter can tell you!  :)

Offline CraigLockley

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Knifesedge PBeM RPGs
I've set the notify button, hopefully it will be useful and not just give me useless spam!
Craig
BFS Indie Press and RPG Reviews Editor

So many books, so little time...

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
That'll only tell you if someone posts to this particular thread, but this is the link for what Caroline was talking about, a daily digest of everything that appears on the main BFS site: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=BritishFantasySocietyNews&loc=en_US