Author Topic: My 666th Story!  (Read 2170 times)

Offline rhysaurus

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Spoons That Are My Ears
My 666th Story!
« on: September 13, 2012, 12:23:07 pm »
This very morning I finished writing my 666th short story. I must be some kind of beast! Attaining this total means I am exactly 2/3rds of the way through my life's work. It has taken twenty-three years.

Anyway, the most famous "beast" associated with the number 666 was Aleister Crowley, of course. Here we see him in a magical (or magickal) hat. To mark the occasion I decided to adopt similar garb. Therefore, ladies and gentlemen, I give you: the Teapot Crowley! "Brew what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." "Every man and every woman is a biscuit suitable for dunking."

CONTRAST AND COMPARE!!

Offline Allen

• Forum Member
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
Re: My 666th Story!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 12:49:08 pm »
Rhys, I love the picture.  “Brew what thou wilt…” – priceless!  You may even have rendered the mighty Crowley a figure of fun for all time.
Congratulations on 666.  Far be it from me to ever tell another author what to do but… the 1000 target that you publicly set many years is an artifice in the sense that having reached it you can then, in true Olympian fashion, set about superseding it.  The choice remains with you.  Des reached 1000 many moons ago and he just rolled up his sleeves, stroked his beard and carried on.
Lastly, the next time anybody suggests that I am in any way prolific (I’m really not) I shall send them to seek out your work.

Offline Wroclaw

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: My 666th Story!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 06:50:07 pm »
Nice tea cosy, Rhys. I prefer using a black cat. Strangely enough... a piece of flash fiction of mine is about to appear in an Australian anthology called "100 Lightnings" and I realised yesterday that it is exactly 666 words long.... something brewing and wilting indeed.