Author Topic: Open Night Xmas 2012  (Read 8317 times)

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
Open Night Xmas 2012
« on: October 01, 2012, 02:30:02 pm »
I forgot to make a note of the date -- could someone remind me, when is the next (Xmas) Open Night? Thanks.

Offline Phillip Spencer

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Nightspore
Re: Open Night Xmas 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 04:43:06 pm »
Hi Peter,
At the end of the AGM yesterday I heard mention of 7 December (a Friday, I think).
Not sure if I will be there but I will try and make it if I am in UK (especially as I was the irritating person who queried the process for approving the accounts when they finally emerge!)
Cheers
Phillip

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:02:23 pm »
Thanks. I'll try to make it this time. Last year my leg was in a cast.

Offline IanH

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 05:30:08 pm »
Any idea where it will be taking place?

Ian

benedictjjones

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 12:39:09 pm »
hoping it's the Mughouse again!

Offline IanH

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 01:07:03 pm »
Me, too, it would be handy to know from a travel/hotel point of view.

The Mug House again?

Ian

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 02:56:36 pm »
Have you tried dropping Martin an email, folks? I know he doesn't get on the forum much but I'm sure he'll be busy arranging everything.  :)
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Martin Roberts

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 03:15:35 pm »
The ON is at The Mug House on Friday 7th December from 6.00pm - please beaware there maybe a BFS general meeting for members only taking place for the first 15 minutes or so - non members are still welcome, but may have to prop the bar up for a very short time.

I did approach a more centralised venue but they had been booked for the 7th and as I know folks had already purchased train tickets etc.

I was also asked to hold from making annoucements until I heard back from some potential guests (still waiting).

Cheers - Martin
PS I never have the time to visit here much these days -you can always get me via the BFS email address or by using lordfroggy (at) gmail (dot) com.

Offline Emma Audsley

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Horrifically Horrifying Horror Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 06:46:46 am »
Where on earth is the Mughouse?

Offline Allen

• Forum Member
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 10:23:19 am »
Hi Emma,
I launched my anthology “Where Are We Going?” at The Mug House back in March. Having struggled to find the place the previous December, I did a dry run in February and then sent the following instructions to everyone who was likely to attend. I haven’t been back to The Mug House since so some of the endless series of London roadworks might have changed but, hopefully, the station exits and road names won’t have! By the way, Google maps was singularly UNHELPFUL for this venue and bore little relation to the actual location.
Travel to the event by public transport. There are copious roadworks around the London Bridge area and you will not find off-street parking. Take the tube to London Bridge tube station, which is on both the Northern Line and the Jubilee Line.
At London Bridge tube station, follow the signs for “Way Out. Duke Street Hill” and/or “Duke Street Hill. Way Out”. Leave at this exit. Go up the short flight of stairs. Turn right. Walk past the entrance for London Bridge National Rail station, the confectioner’s and “Sam’s Souvenir Shop” on your right. Stop at the pedestrian lights on your immediate left. Cross at these lights and walk and look straight ahead for a few yards. Opposite you is St. Olaf House. Turn left and you are now in Tooley Street. Begin walking. Go past “My Place” on your left. Go past “Evans Cycling” on your left. Go under the actual bridge itself (i.e. London Bridge). This short tunnel is usually lit up with green, white and blue illuminations. Towards the end of this short tunnel you will see the red and black entrance to The Mug House, over the road on your right. The BFS event is in the back bar.
If you travel via London Bridge National rail station, look for the “Tooley Street” exit and pick up my directions from the pedestrian crossing onwards.

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 11:36:29 am »
Jan and I trekked up and down several side streets before finding the pub last December. I hope my memory will help this year. Thanks for the detailed instructions, Allen.

Offline IanH

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 08:25:19 am »
Great that it's settled and we know where the venue is, but apart from possibly a general meeting, any idea what's happening that night - book launches, raffle, special guest, etc?

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 12:31:12 pm »
any idea what's happening that night - book launches, raffle, special guest, etc?

I think that's what Martin is trying to finalise at the moment, Ian. Once he's got details, I'm sure he'll send out an email and post here with info.  :)
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline IanH

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 12:23:58 pm »
Thanks, Caroline, hopefully I'll be able to squeeze what's happening in between the curry and the beers!
Military precision planning will be required, or we'll just be late.

Best

Ian

benedictjjones

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 02:22:13 pm »
great stuff, quite enjoy the mughouse  ;D