Author Topic: Suggestions for the 2014 awards  (Read 7031 times)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
Re: Suggestions for the 2014 awards
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 10:13:52 PM »
Voting in next year's awards is planned to begin on 1 January 2014, so now is the time to add your favourite works of 2013 to our eligibility list

Does this mean the list can't be added to after this time?  And is the list just a helpful guide or is it where the voting choices will come from?  I've still got some 2013 stuff to read - I better get a move on if I want to make some more suggestions!

I couldn't post on the forum when Ray posted this query, but I did get back to him by email. For anyone else wondering, here's the answer:

The eligibility list can be added to after January 1, but voting will have begun so any suggestions made later will be at a disadvantage. The list is just a helpful guide, but voters do lean on it quite heavily, and the juries tend to use it too when considering whether to add egregious omissions.

Offline Rosanne

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2014, 10:15:33 PM »
Thanks! It works in Firefox.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 12:43:02 AM »
Thanks to everyone who contributed suggestions and corrections to this list, which for obvious reasons I've now closed to new submissions. Over seven hundred suggestions were made, and they were being made right up until the last evening of voting. It was all appreciated, both by me, and (I can tell clearly from the voting) by the voters.

I'll set up the suggestions list for next year's awards some time this year, and as usual it'll be updated after the AGM, once I know if any changes have been made to the categories. This year I'll also be building up a mailing list of publishing contacts, to whom I'll send the link to the form for adding books each December. If you'd like to be added to that list, send me an email.