Author Topic: FantasyCon 2014  (Read 51662 times)

Offline John Travis

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: FantasyCon 2014
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2014, 03:21:26 pm »
Does anyone know if I can pay for my registration by cheque, and if so, who to pay it to and their address? Have emailed the chair about this but haven't had a reply, and would like to get it done before the price goes up on the first.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2014, 04:11:54 pm »
Yes, it does say on the website that you can pay by cheque, and says to email the chair if you want to, so if you've done that I'd just wait for a reply.

Offline John Travis

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2014, 04:20:50 pm »
Have been waiting now almost two weeks for a reply, but nothing. Has anyone else paid by cheque and can give me the details? Have just tried to use the online system for paying but couldn't get it to work. Would really like to get this sorted before 1st June. Thank you.

Offline GraemeReynolds

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2014, 10:07:16 am »
Is anyone actually bothering to read the emails or twitter account anymore? I sent a query in about advertising over two weeks ago and have had no response whatsoever. The website has not been updated since February and considering that this con starts in less than three months its all gone really rather quiet.

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2014, 10:26:58 am »
Is anyone actually bothering to read the emails or twitter account anymore? I sent a query in about advertising over two weeks ago and have had no response whatsoever. The website has not been updated since February and considering that this con starts in less than three months its all gone really rather quiet.

The silence is worrying

Offline GraemeReynolds

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2014, 12:07:44 pm »
From talking to other people, the chair@ email address has not been answered for months and for a while the twitter account was usable as a method of contact, that one seems to have gone silent as well. There has not been, as far as I am aware, any communications sent out about advertising, about readings, about programming or panel slots. People are applying for memberships and getting no reply. Website has not been updated since February. Beginning to get a sense of doom over this convention, because it really does feel like no one is steering the ship anymore.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:50:40 pm by GraemeReynolds »

Offline FrazerLee

• BFS Member
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
    • www.frazerlee.com
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2014, 02:57:33 pm »
No replies to my 3 emails either (1st email sent in March).

Think I'll save my pennies for World Horror Con next year instead.

Offline John Travis

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2014, 03:29:58 pm »
I've had no replies either. In the end I got someone to help me out and I booked the thing on PayPal. FCon means a lot to me, which is why I persisted with it. I think if this had been my first look at FCon I wouldn't have taken things any further.

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2014, 06:07:59 pm »
Wow, this sounds bad! I'm going because it's so close to me (already booked, and I think I'm on the list of attending members). But I'd be having serious second thoughts about it otherwise.

I did notice from Facebook that Lee is now away - don't know how long for. But isn't there a co-chair - Sophia somebody?

This really doesn't bode well at all ....  :-\
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline GraemeReynolds

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2014, 06:50:50 pm »
Well, they just responded to the twitter post I made, so looks like there is someone in after all. Apparently they have had some reports of emails going astray and are looking into it

Offline David A. Riley

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • rileybooks
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2014, 07:07:44 pm »
I tend to put excuses about emails going astray on a par with the dog ate my homework.  :(

Offline GraemeReynolds

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2014, 07:32:02 pm »
Should be amusing when they configure their email client properly and have four or five months worth to suddenly deal with :) They might even get through them all before the con starts  ;D

Offline Debbie

• Thaumaturge
  • x
    • View Profile
    • http://www.debbiebennett.co.uk
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2014, 10:00:16 pm »
Hmmm. The point of going was to maybe sell some of Andy's glass work and my books, but at another *60* for a dealer table, it's just not going to be economically viable. Just as well I've not booked any accommodation yet as I'm not sure I can afford it.

Offline LeeH

• BFS Committee
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • BFS
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2014, 10:11:38 pm »
I tend to put excuses about emails going astray on a par with the dog ate my homework.  :(

I'd tend to agree. In this case, however, they didn't go astray. Around a dozen or so emails were mis-categorised as spam by an over-eager filter. Most of them are sorted, now.  :)
--------
FantasyCon 2014 Co-Chair