Author Topic: London Open Night, Friday, 4 October 2013  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
London Open Night, Friday, 4 October 2013
« on: August 30, 2013, 01:01:34 PM »
I don't think this has been mentioned on the forum yet, so here's some info from Martin's newsletter about the next BFS open night:

---

LONDON OPEN NIGHT Friday 4th October GUEST Frazer Lee Photo of Frazer Lee After the cancellation of the August 2nd Open Night, I'm pleased to announce a NEW BFS London Open Night from 6pm on Friday 4th October, at a new venue with a new guest, Frazer Lee.

Help celebrate the launch of Frazer's latest novel from Samhain Publishing...

...HE’S IN THE TREES, HE’S COMING... ...in ebook & paperback OCTOBER 1st, 2013... ...Jack in the Green.

Join us at The Green Man, 36 Riding House Street, London, W1W 7EP on Friday 4th October from 6pm in The Orchard Room upstairs.

By tube: Oxford Circus (Central, Bakerloo and Victoria Lines) walk up Regent Street and turn right on to Riding House Street untill you reach us. Goodge Street (Northern Line) walk along Goodge Street untill you reach Nassau Street, turn right along here (we are on the first corner). By train: Euston Station is about 10 mins walk away. Nine draught ciders, three real ales on tap and freshly cooked, seasonal pub food.

Frazer’s fiction is published by Samhain Publishing (Bram Stoker Award® nominated novel The Lamplighters and the forthcoming novel The Jack in the Green and novella The Lucifer Glass), All2gethr Industries for the #1 Amazon Horror/Thriller movie novelization Panic Button (he co-wrote the screenplay), and Bloody Books (in the acclaimed Read By Dawn series) and others. Frazer is the writer/director of the award-winning movies On Edge and Red Lines starring Doug Bradley who is best-known as Pinhead from the Hellraiser movie series. He was named one of the Top 12 Directors on Myspace.com (from over 1,000 entrants) by an industry panel including representatives from Fox, Film4 and Vertigo Films. His new short film The Stay is in post-production and he has a number of film directing projects in development. The award winning short film Simone is also available on unrated DVD from 386 Films. A lecturer in Creative Writing/Screenwriting (MA and BA) at Brunel University London, and Birkbeck, University of London. Frazer resides with his family in leafy Buckinghamshire, England. When he’s not getting lost in a forest he is working on new film and writing projects.

Offline FrazerLee

• BFS Member
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
    • www.frazerlee.com
Re: London Open Night, Friday, 4 October 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:02:54 PM »
Thanks for posting this Stephen.

It's an honour to do a book launch at the open night & i look forward to seeing old friends and hopefully meeting some new ones there!

If you missed Martin's newsletter, it contains a link for more info about the venue & an extract from my book, etc.
http://ymlp.com/zfLKbh

Cheers, Frazer

benedictjjones

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 12:22:49 PM »
Just round the corner from work so even easier to get to than the Mug House  :)

Offline FrazerLee

• BFS Member
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
    • www.frazerlee.com
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 01:20:37 PM »
Thanks to all who rocked up, imbibed (& purchased a book/DVD!)

It was a truly great night, thanks and best wishes to organiser Martin.

Sorry not to be at Fantasycon, have a great time guys.

Here's looking forward to the December drinkies!

Cheers, Frazer

benedictjjones

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »
sorry I missed this but had my daughter that night and couldn't make alternative arrangements  :-/

hopefully there'll be an Xmas meet up i can attend