Author Topic: BFS Journal #10 Contents  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Stuart Douglas

• Initiate
    • View Profile
BFS Journal #10 Contents
« on: September 05, 2013, 05:17:15 pm »
I thought people might perhaps be interested in an advance idea of what will be in the the non-fiction section of the next Journal, which should be with everyone sooner rather than later I believe.

To start with, we have a series of three linked interviews with British authors who have left these hallowed shores for pastures new.  Supernatural writers Willie Meikle and Rick Wright moved from Scotland to Canada and from England to India, respectively, while steampunk and fantasy author Mark Hodder headed for Sunny Spain some years ago.  Each author discusses his work in general and touches on the impact that living abroad has had on his writing and career.

Elsewhere, Juliet McKenna addresses the topical question of sexism in the genre world, while Anne Lyle considers world building in fantasy and Allen Ashley gives one answer to the perennial query 'where do you get your ideas from?'

Finally, in the first in a new series of regular articles, Paul Magrs looks at Jonathan Carroll's novel 'Land of Laughs' - the book he wishes he'd written.

Cheers

Stuart
Non Fiction Editor - British Fantasy Society

www.obversebooks.co.uk

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
Re: BFS Journal #10 Contents
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 08:31:21 pm »
Sounds great, Stuart - looking forward to it!  :)
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline Stuart Douglas

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 09:38:54 am »
Sounds great, Stuart - looking forward to it!  :)

Thanks Caroline.

I'm quite pleased with it (and what we have so far for the following issue - Toby Frost and Tim Powers' interviews, plus introducing both a new regular columnist and a new slightly ranty Last Word amongst other things).

Stuart

www.obversebooks.co.uk

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 07:25:01 pm »
Thanks for the heads up Stuart, sounds good. There a few authors that ended up in the states too, and of course a number of authors who have come the other way. Could be something of an occasional series.

It's good to know things are in the pipeline.

Wayne.

Offline Stuart Douglas

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 11:21:49 am »
Thanks for the heads up Stuart, sounds good. There a few authors that ended up in the states too, and of course a number of authors who have come the other way. Could be something of an occasional series.

It's good to know things are in the pipeline.

Wayne.
[/quote

Incidentally, if there are particular authors members would like to read about/hear interviews with, then let me know.  Obviously I can't guarantee anything, but I'm happy to approach anyone.

Stuart

www.obversebooks.co.uk