Author Topic: BFS Journal #11  (Read 6674 times)

Offline Allen

• Forum Member
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
Re: BFS Journal #11
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 09:02:11 PM »
Just received BFS Journal number 11 through the post and my first thought is: Wow, a second Journal this year and it’s only April. So, congratulations to all the team for getting business back on track.
Looks a good issue. Yes, I am in it. Nice cover. And – I’ll go public on this – plenty of content from my Clockhouse London Writers group. Those featured in this issue are: me, Madeleine Beresford, Mark Lewis, Rima Devereaux and Sandra Unerman. Plus ex-member Deborah Walker. With our strong showing in the recent “Sein und Werden” and Alex Davis’s “Breaking the Rules” anthology, the group is going from strength to strength.
My only quibble is that because of the peculiar alphabetising system the BFS is using “Alex Bardy” is first on the back cover rather than “Allen Ashley”.

Offline Ramsey Campbell

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ramsey Campbell
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 11:29:49 AM »
On page 12 the Chairman invites us to discuss proscribing "membership of some political parties which are at odds with the aims of the equality statement". I'm wholly opposed to it. It's not the business of the Society to tell its members what to think. I should hope nobody joins it on that basis.

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 11:50:27 AM »
If you enjoyed Mike Barrett's essay on Brak the Barbarian you might like to know that Doors to Elsewhere includes 17 similar essays, including one on a couple of similar rogues, Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser.

http://alchemypress.wordpress.com/alchemy-publications/doors-to-elsewhere/

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 05:06:13 PM »
Just received BFS Journal number 11 through the post and my first thought is: Wow, a second Journal this year and it’s only April. So, congratulations to all the team for getting business back on track.

Yes, two journals and over a hundred reviews published already this year - the society seems to be doing pretty well at the moment. The next issue may not come around quite so quickly, as I get back to my proper jobs and Max finds his feet, but we're off to a really good start.