Author Topic: BFS Survey  (Read 13376 times)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
Re: BFS Survey
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 04:19:23 pm »
I don't think so, because of the tack I've taken with it, but we'll probably make the figures available. And once it's in members' hands - if I get the go-ahead to publish it from the committee, that is - I'll be happy to send a pdf to anyone who contributed and fancies a look.

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 04:58:13 pm »
I was just about to ask the same as Jen - ie. whether it would be made available to non-members (who might yet rejoin depending on the way things go). I'd definitely like to see the results myself if possible (as a non-member who completed the survey). It would be good to know whether my thoughts are the same as most other people's thoughts, or whether I'm just being a grumpy old so-and-so.  :D
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 05:12:40 pm »
I was just about to ask the same as Jen - ie. whether it would be made available to non-members (who might yet rejoin depending on the way things go). I'd definitely like to see the results myself if possible (as a non-member who completed the survey). It would be good to know whether my thoughts are the same as most other people's thoughts, or whether I'm just being a grumpy old so-and-so.  :D

You a grumpy old so-and-so? Hardly  8)

Offline jim mcleod

• Bletherskite
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • The Ginger Nuts of Horror
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 06:25:08 pm »
I would like to see the results.  I'm always on the cusp of rejoining, and this might just make me reconsider

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 09:59:08 am »
I don't know how persuasive it will be, Jim! It's just me going through the results and saying 40% of people said this, 25% said that, etc, in a very boring way, and selecting some representative comments from the free text fields. Definitely a report rather than a response.

Offline Jen

• Whirlpool
  • Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jennybarber.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 03:48:21 pm »
Still be interesting to see where people's heads are at though!  (Deffo fancy a look  :D  )
Though as far as re-subbing for memberships goes, the key thing for me will be a digital only subscription over anything else. (Which I may have ranted on quite a bit in my survey answers)   8)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 04:11:07 pm »
Yes, that's one of my hobby-horses too. The only obstacle to that now, I think, is guaranteeing ebooks, given our volunteers' varying levels of technical know-how. If you were paying for an digital subscription, would you be happy with just a pdf, if that was all that was within the technical abilities of whoever was working on the publication?

Offline Jen

• Whirlpool
  • Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 04:32:53 pm »
Oh perfectly happy with PDF.  Just so long as I never have to see paper copies of the normal or special pubs ever again.  ;D 

Do keep wondering if Weightless Books would be of any use for BFS digital subs - I get a few mag subs from them and it seems to work quite well from the consumer end.  Might make it easier for automatic mass delivery to members?  (Whether it's PDF or mobi/epub) All whoever would need to do is upload the latest file to them and then they send the download links via email every month and when the sub runs out, no more downloads. Plus having BFS subs for sale on a place like Weightless might catch a few new international members, especially those that sub to the other mags the site does subs for.

Only thing would be co-ordinating members names and info with the Weightless customer details as I don't know how much info they'd give you from the seller end.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 05:17:19 pm »
Thanks - I do think ebook subs will be one of the things in the mix as the committee discusses how to respond to the survey.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2014, 01:06:08 am »
Just to show how fuddy duddy I am, I'm trying to get an address to send a cheque to renew my subs, lapsed in May.

Sent an e-mail again to the sec. address,

If anyone knows the address and who to make payment out to I would be most happy,

Wayne.

look forward to the Survey.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2014, 09:10:28 am »
Payment should be made out to THE BRITISH FANTASY SOCIETY. Probably best to send directly to the treasurer, so email Lee at treasurer@britishfantasysociety.org for the address.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2014, 08:05:30 pm »
Cheers Stephen,

Had sent an e-mither to the sec, but not heard back for a while so I've now tried your suggestion.

Wayne.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2014, 09:06:36 am »
I've just sent a pdf copy of the report to those of you who expressed an interest here in receiving one. If it didn't arrive, I might need a more recent email address. If any other non-members who took part in the survey would like a copy, just let me know and I'll send one.

Offline Jen

• Whirlpool
  • Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2014, 10:12:45 am »
Ooh, exxxxxcellent. Ta! Very interesting reading, that.  :-*

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness