Author Topic: FantasyCon 2015  (Read 56347 times)

Offline jim mcleod

• Bletherskite
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • The Ginger Nuts of Horror
Re: FantasyCon 2015
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2014, 05:32:54 pm »
I do think though that it should always be in a location that requires no more two trains.  Getting to Nottingham from Edinburgh by train is a nightmare, Brighton in my opinion is too far away. 

It's a long way, but I think you'll be able to do Edinburgh to Nottingham in two trains, because both cities have direct trains to us here in Birmingham.

I think I'll either be hitching a lift with a friend or flying, flying is cheaper than the trains. 

Offline Allen

• Forum Member
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2014, 01:52:10 pm »
Just booked Fantasy Con 15 membership and hotel rooms for me and Sarah. See you all there… or, indeed, this evening at the BFS Open Night.

Offline Andrew Hook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • http://www.andrew-hook.com
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2014, 09:51:48 am »
And now we've booked membership as well. Looking forward to it :)

Offline Dave Brzeski

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2014, 06:45:18 pm »
Jilly & I have booked membership & hotel.

Offline Phil Lunt

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
  • BFS Chair, collector of Boojums
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2014, 05:49:49 pm »
Full-fat FantasyCon 2015 website is now live: http://fantasycon2015.org/

Apologies for the delay on this one, hectic time of it work-wise for all of us.

Offline Mike Chinn

• Thaumaturge
  • Cavy Slave
    • View Profile
    • Displacement Activity
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2014, 09:08:57 am »
Full-fat FantasyCon 2015 website is now live: http://fantasycon2015.org/

Apologies for the delay on this one, hectic time of it work-wise for all of us.

I've just tried booking a room on the hotel's website for 23-25th October, and I'm getting the same message I got weeks ago: not available on those dates. I don't think the place is prepared to take on-line bookings.
Mike Chinn

Offline Phil Lunt

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2014, 09:50:26 am »
I've just tried booking a room on the hotel's website for 23-25th October, and I'm getting the same message I got weeks ago: not available on those dates. I don't think the place is prepared to take on-line bookings.

For some reason it can be sketchy. It's done similar with a couple of people, when it's been working fine for others, and then it'll just 'work'. I'll give it a try now...

ETA: Worked for me (in Firefox with a cleared cache). Apologies - it does seem to randomly hiccup at times  :-\
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:54:12 am by Phil Lunt »

Offline Mike Chinn

• Thaumaturge
  • Cavy Slave
    • View Profile
    • Displacement Activity
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2014, 11:26:30 am »

For some reason it can be sketchy. It's done similar with a couple of people, when it's been working fine for others, and then it'll just 'work'. I'll give it a try now...

ETA: Worked for me (in Firefox with a cleared cache). Apologies - it does seem to randomly hiccup at times  :-\

Still nothing. Used Chrome and Firefox, and every variation of the corporate promo code I could think of.
Mike Chinn

Offline Mike Chinn

• Thaumaturge
  • Cavy Slave
    • View Profile
    • Displacement Activity
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2014, 11:34:27 am »

Still nothing. Used Chrome and Firefox, and every variation of the corporate promo code I could think of.

The problem seems to be Sunday 25th. If I only book the Friday and Saturday, fine; when I add Sunday night, that's when it refuses.
Mike Chinn

Offline Phil Lunt

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2014, 11:49:14 am »
The problem seems to be Sunday 25th. If I only book the Friday and Saturday, fine; when I add Sunday night, that's when it refuses.

Righto, Thursday and Sunday nights should be fine and dandy now, clearly there's still an issue. I'll have a poke...

ETA: Lee has notified the hotel of the issue, we're now just waiting for it to be fixed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:58:38 am by Phil Lunt »

Offline Mike Chinn

• Thaumaturge
  • Cavy Slave
    • View Profile
    • Displacement Activity
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2014, 12:37:18 pm »

Righto, Thursday and Sunday nights should be fine and dandy now, clearly there's still an issue. I'll have a poke...

ETA: Lee has notified the hotel of the issue, we're now just waiting for it to be fixed.

;D
Mike Chinn

Offline James Everington

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Scattershot Writing
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2014, 02:31:48 pm »
Yeah, and you've still got to walk from the train station to wherever the tram leaves from....,

You can get a trams without leaving Nottingham train station....  (although obviously you still have to lug your luggage to a different part of the station)

Assuming the new tramlines here in "Nowhere Nottingham" (?) are finished in time, obviously.
-- James Everington
Scattershot Writing

Offline Simon Kewin

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Simon Kewin
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2014, 08:07:42 pm »
Ooh, Nottingham is doable for me for sure. Very tempted...
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams" - Arthur O'Shaughnessy
simonkewin.co.uk

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2015, 03:49:00 pm »
Any news on Guests of Honour / master of Ceremonies yet?

Offline Phil Lunt

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2015, 05:22:02 pm »
Any news on Guests of Honour / master of Ceremonies yet?

Nothing solid as yet though there are a few irons in fires... Lee has it under control :)