Author Topic: BFS member news form  (Read 5678 times)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
BFS member news form
« on: September 24, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »
As a bit of an experiment, we've created a new online form for collecting BFS member news.

These are intended to be short items that we might use if there's an email newsletter going out to our members with a bit of spare space, or if the journal has a few spare pages in a signature, that kind of thing - it'll be up to individual editors and volunteers how they use this resource. The news should be about you, a BFS member, something you've done, written, edited, published, illustrated, contributed to, etc, and written in the third person so that it can be used without rewriting.

We can't guarantee that everything submitted will be used, but writing carefully and following the instructions (which are designed to let us typeset/format the items easily) will give your item a better chance.

Hope that's all okay. Let me know if you have any questions, or if you have any problems with the form. Here it is:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1awgJ2Xx0Z0iqzL42_F-ooByu67n5uitwA-BlMWBnz0c/viewform

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
Re: BFS member news form
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 04:09:16 PM »
If you're a BFS member and there's any news you'd like to get out to fellow members, now's the time to submit it via our web form. I'll be putting together the November bulletin this time next week, if not sooner.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 10:41:37 AM »
If you're a BFS member and you have some news for fellow members, submit it via our web form and it could be included in the December email bulletin next week.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 06:59:05 PM »
If you're a BFS member and you have some news, submit it via our web form by about the 25th of the month and it will probably be included in our next email bulletin to BFS members.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 07:25:48 PM »
BFS member? Have any news? Submit it via our web form by about December 28 and it will probably be included in our first bulletin of the new year to BFS members.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 05:27:34 PM »
If you're a BFS member and you have any news, submit it via our web form. I'll be preparing the April members-only bulletin soon.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 09:03:21 AM »
Just posted a selection of recent news from BFS members on the website: http://www.britishfantasysociety.org/news/membernews1605/

If you're not a member, think of joining as paying 35 for an advert that goes directly to the UK's most influential fantasy tastemakers. What a bargain! Here's where to join: http://www.britishfantasysociety.org/join-the-bfs/

If you are a member, not too soon to put something in the pot for next time.

Offline Andy W Marsden

• BFS Secretary
  • Global Moderator
  • Initiate
  • Call me Doc. I write horror.
    • View Profile
    • AWMarsden.com
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 11:04:14 PM »
Having taken up the Bulletin from Stephen, I'm now taking any submissions for member news for the July issue. If you are a member and would like to be included, submit your news at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1awgJ2Xx0Z0iqzL42_F-ooByu67n5uitwA-BlMWBnz0c/viewform. If you're not already a member, seriously consider joining! You get exclusive access to our monthly Bulletin and our publications.
I should probably stop volunteering for things...

Twitter/Instagram: @AndyWMarsden