Author Topic: BFS Journal #13  (Read 7818 times)

Offline Jen

• Whirlpool
  • Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jennybarber.co.uk
Re: BFS Journal #13
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 02:22:17 PM »
I'm friends with her on facebook - remind me of your email addy and I'll pass it along!  :-*

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »
It looks like Ewa has effectively stood down from the post of non-fiction editor, unfortunately, so for the next month or so the features@britishfantasysociety.org email address will be forwarded to me, while I put together #13. If you have submitted non-fiction work to the journal since April 2014, and didn't hear back, please could you send it in again for me to look at. After a bit of a mad scramble, we'll probably have enough non-fiction to put an issue together, but I wouldn't want any of our members' work to go to waste.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 06:44:03 AM »
We've booked BFS Journal #13 in with the printers for November 17, which would normally mean we could expect it with members by mid-December. Obviously, things could go awry between now and then, but we'll let you know if they do, and we'll let you know when the issue has gone to press and what ETA the printers have given us.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 06:32:22 PM »
BFS Journal #13 is now with the printers, and if we’re lucky will be with BFS members and contributors by the end of December. We’ve only ordered twenty-five spare copies, so if you’re not currently a member you’ll need to join quickly if you want to get your hands on one.

The issue features contributions from Allen Ashley, Andrew Orton, Clifford Beal, David Gullen, David Howe, Deborah Walker, Gary Couzens, Helen Marshall, Howard Watts, Lavie Tidhar, Marie O’Regan, Marion Pitman, Mark Manley, Mark Williams, Mike Barrett, Noeleen Kavanagh, Phil Lunt, Rachel Coles, Rebecca Lloyd, Richard Webb, Robin Hickson, Roy Gill, S. Marcus Jones, Sarah Doyle, Stephen Theaker, Stuart Douglas, Suzanne J. Willis, Tina Rath and Zoe F. Gilbert.

The fiction was edited by Sarah Newton, and the poetry by Ian Hunter. The issue was typeset by me, and I also filled in as journal editor and features editor. The cover art is by Howard Watts.

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 10:36:30 AM »
What about memberships that expire between now and the end of December? Not everyone keeps a record of renewal dates.

Offline Phil Lunt

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
  • BFS Chair, collector of Boojums
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 02:39:21 PM »
What about memberships that expire between now and the end of December? Not everyone keeps a record of renewal dates.

I'll chase that up but there should be a reminder of when your membership runs to in the recent British Fantasy Society Bulletin that was emailed out on November 4th - it's in James' Secretary section.

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 02:41:59 PM »
So it is, Phil -- didn't notice that before now. Thanks.

Offline Phil Lunt

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 02:52:51 PM »
So it is, Phil -- didn't notice that before now. Thanks.

I'll see if we can make it more prominent...  ;)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 04:06:21 PM »
It'll go out to everyone who was a current member yesterday, when the mailing list went to the printers.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 06:37:34 AM »
The printers have let us know that they expect to have sent out #13 by the week beginning Monday, December 15. Of course there could be hiccups of all kinds between now and then, and the post slows down a bit in the run-up to Christmas, but UK members will probably have it this year.

You can look forward to such delights as Gary Couzens, Marie O'Regan and David Howe on what it's like being BFS chair, the first chairman's chat from our new chair, my overview of the membership's views on the society, interviews with Lavie Tidhar and Helen Marshall, and a photograph of me eating a pork pie, as well as the usual marvellous selection of fiction and poetry.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2014, 06:26:45 AM »
My copy of the journal started here yesterday, on December 12, so the printers have been very snappy. Hope you all enjoy it. If you spot any typos please email me and I'll fix them for the ebook edition, which will be distributed in the January bulletin.

Offline Des Lewis

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • DF Lewis Website
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 11:13:53 AM »
My copy of the journal started here yesterday, on December 12, so the printers have been very snappy. Hope you all enjoy it. If you spot any typos please email me and I'll fix them for the ebook edition, which will be distributed in the January bulletin.

BFS Journal #13 looks great. Thanks for getting it out so speedily. I am about to start a review of its fiction and poetry here: https://dflewisreviews.wordpress.com/2014/12/13/bfs-journal-13/
MY WEBSITE: www.nemonymous.com

Offline Phil Lunt

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 11:35:29 AM »
I'd like to thank Mr Theaker for all his work this year on the Journal. He's done an amazing job of keeping that ship steady :)

Offline David A. Riley

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • rileybooks
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2014, 12:39:38 PM »
I'd like to thank Mr Theaker for all his work this year on the Journal. He's done an amazing job of keeping that ship steady :)

Too true. Amazed to get another copy so soon after the last!