Author Topic: BFS Journal #13  (Read 7810 times)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
Re: BFS Journal #13
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2014, 10:48:29 AM »
Thanks! Though of course the bulk of this issue was Sarah's work, so credit where it's due!

It's been a weird year for the journal. In a way I regret helping out, because now people may think the darn thing can be made to work. Instead of putting out a big chunky issue I should have done an eighty-pager to set more reasonable expectations for the future!

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2014, 10:49:30 AM »
I was surprised to receive #13 so soon after #12 -- well done all. I've read the survey reports -- very interesting, but disappointed that only a few past chairs were solicited for their comments. Do old timers' views no longer count?

Glad to see Mike Barrett cover more contemporary writers again -- I loved early Zelazny and Creatures of Light and Darkness is one of my all-time favourite novels (or novella -- it is quite short). Mike's article has spurred me to re-read Amber again. If only I had the time.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2014, 10:53:35 AM »
I asked all the chairs back to Nicki Robson and that produced enough material for the article.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2014, 11:09:15 AM »
Sorry, I mean back to Gary Couzens (thought he'd come after Nicki for a minute there). So everyone who has been chair this century. That gave us an eight-page article, which seemed plenty, but if it had run short I'd have gone back into the nineties.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2015, 01:39:23 AM »
Hello,

Meant to say I have my copy of 13 (not twelve but I sent an e-mither to Ian) Thanks to all those who put it together, Robin Hood was nice to read about, brings back old memories. I agree with Peter, it was good to see Roger Zelazny receive a review. Though I do like the old writer getting a look in as well.

Thanks,

Wayne.

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2015, 12:32:11 AM »
Never did get a copy of 12, and now it appears I don't have a copy of 14 either.

Any ideas who I should e-mither?

Wayne.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2015, 12:45:18 AM »
I would send a joint email to the secretary, James Dunn (secretary@britishfantasysociety.org) and the stockholder, Chris Teague (stockholder@britishfantasysociety.org). Between them they should be able to figure it out.