Author Topic: British Fantasy Awards 2015  (Read 14406 times)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
British Fantasy Awards 2015
« on: December 30, 2014, 08:31:53 PM »
Voting in the 2015 awards is about to begin!

The January email bulletin containing details of how to vote will go out on 1 January 2015 to everyone who is a current BFS member at that date. Emails inviting FantasyCon 2014 and 2015 attendees to vote are planned to follow from the organisers of those conventions.

If you're a BFS member and you don't receive the bulletin on Thursday, check your spam and bulk mail folders, and if you have no luck let me know and I'll look into it.

Voting will end at midnight, 31 March 2015.

The planned schedule for this year’s awards is as follows:

January–March: voting
April: collation and checking of votes
May: appointment of juries
June: jury decisions on egregious omissions
July 1 (if all goes to plan): announcing shortlists
July: requesting reading copies
August–September: jurors’ reading period
October: awards presentation at FantasyCon 2015

Don't forget that you can look for inspiration when voting to our suggestions list: http://tinyurl.com/list2015

And if you have ideas of your own you can add them to the suggestions list via this form: http://tinyurl.com/suggestions2015

As ever the awards are subject to the rules of the British Fantasy Awards constitution: http://www.britishfantasysociety.org/the-british-fantasy-awards-constitution-ii/

A paper form is available for printing out (here), and I will post that out to anyone who requests it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:13:59 AM by Stephen Theaker »

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
Re: British Fantasy Awards 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »
One other thing to mention: the membership list I'm working from dates from 23 December 2014, so if you have renewed your membership since then James (our membership secretary) will let me know when he's back at his desk after the holidays - I'll resend the bulletin to everyone who needs it.

Offline amanzetti

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Official Website
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 12:09:27 PM »
Dear Members, if you would like to read my eligible works for your British Fantasy Awards consideration, feel free to ask me to send it to you in digital format (kindle, PDF). Mail me to: a.manzetti@hotmail.it

My eligible works:
"The Shaman" - short fiction category
(short story - published by James Ward Kirk Publications in the "Bones III" collection)

"Lu'lu" - short fiction category
(short story - published by Kipple Officina Libraria in the "Dark Gates" collection)

"Limbus" - short fiction category
(short story - published by Kipple Officina Libraria in the "Dark Gates" collection)

"The Shaman and other shadows"  - single author stories collection category
(short stories collection - Amazon digital services)

Thank you
Alessandro

www.alessandromanzetti.net
Alessandro Manzetti
www.alessandromanzetti.net

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 09:06:36 PM »
Emails inviting FantasyCon 2014 and 2015 attendees to vote are planned to follow from the organisers of those conventions.

Does anyone know when FCon attendees will get the email invitation to vote? I haven't received anything yet.
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline Phil Lunt

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
  • BFS Chair, collector of Boojums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 10:08:33 PM »
Emails inviting FantasyCon 2014 and 2015 attendees to vote are planned to follow from the organisers of those conventions.

Does anyone know when FCon attendees will get the email invitation to vote? I haven't received anything yet.

I'll prod the relevant parties and find out... :)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 06:33:04 AM »
There was an email on January 8 from FantasyCon, titled FantasyCon 2015 - Update 2 - Hotel Cost and Awards Nominations, and it was in that one. I think that went out to FantasyCon 2014 attendees.

For FantasyCon 2015 people I've supplied some possible text for including in registration confirmations, but it's up to the FantasyCon team whether they want to include it in there, or include it in a later email update for attendees.

Voting carries on till the end of March, so it's not urgent. But if you want to get started, there's a link in the first post in this thread to the paper form.

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 10:40:19 AM »
Thanks Phil and Stephen - I don't recall seeing that latest FCon email you refer to. I can see the paper voting document now - but can't we vote online? I'll email Lee and see if I can find out about this. Thanks for helping, guys!  :)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 12:21:29 PM »
Yes, there is online voting, the link was in the FantasyCon email, and in the January bulletin to BFS members, but the paper form is there if you want to get started now, rather than waiting for future emails from FantasyCon or looking in your email archive. I try not to put the link online until later in the voting period, because once it's online the form can get clogged up with random non-members trying to cast votes.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 07:39:44 AM »
BFS members, not many of you have voted in the British Fantasy Awards yet! Just 17 people have voted so far in total, and only nine of those are in the BFS.

Please do submit a voting form, even if it's blank, so that I know not to send you a reminder, or even if it's just to suggest a candidate for the special award.

I'll be sending out an email reminder to members in about a week's time.

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 08:23:30 PM »
I'll be sending out an email reminder to members in about a week's time.

Could non-member FCon attendees have a reminder (with link) too please, Stephen? I haven't been able to vote as I don't recall seeing the link you said (above) they'd sent out to us. Thanks!  :)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 06:53:11 AM »
I can't email most FantasyCon attendees directly, but I will ask the FantasyCon team to send out a reminder. I'll send you an email in a second.

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 10:53:10 AM »
I can't email most FantasyCon attendees directly, but I will ask the FantasyCon team to send out a reminder. I'll send you an email in a second.

Thanks, Stephen - got it! Will get my votes in later today.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons why few have so far voted - if they don't know where to find the link? Could it be put in this thread or on the main website?

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 03:08:33 PM »

Thanks, Stephen - got it! Will get my votes in later today.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons why few have so far voted - if they don't know where to find the link? Could it be put in this thread or on the main website?

What a good idea  ;)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »

BFS members currently receive a monthly bulletin, and the voting link appeared in the January, February and March editions, so that's not the issue.

I may post the link on here in the last week to prompt last-minute voting, but the risk of making the link public is that any random member of the public could look up the FantasyCon attendee list and try to vote in an attendee's name.

Offline jim mcleod

• Bletherskite
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • The Ginger Nuts of Horror
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 05:19:24 PM »
Stephen could you pm me the link.  I must have missed those newsletters