Author Topic: British Fantasy Awards 2015  (Read 14312 times)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
Re: British Fantasy Awards 2015
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 06:22:54 PM »
Stephen could you pm me the link.  I must have missed those newsletters

The monthly bulletin only goes out to BFS members, because it contains download links for our ebooks and things like that.

I'll PM you the link, but in lieu of online voting any FantasyCon attendees can also use the pdf form, here.

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 07:54:26 PM »
So, if Jim isn't a member but an FCon attendee and didn't receive the link, and I've got the same non-member FCon attendee status and didn't receive it either, I fear there may be a lot of non-member FCon attendees who don't know where/how to vote.  :-\
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline neilw

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • neilwilliamson
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 08:40:35 PM »
Hi Stephen

I just renewed my membership after realising that it had lapsed at some undefined and unmarked point in the hopefully not too distant past. So, I reckon I've missed the bulletins with the electronic voting link too. If I use the PDF form is there an address I can email it to? The bfsawards@britishfantasysociety.org address?

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 06:57:15 AM »
Yes, that would be fine.

Offline neilw

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • neilwilliamson
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 02:04:47 PM »
Thanks! Will get me votes in this week.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 12:27:50 PM »
Thanks to all the BFS members who have voted in response to yesterday's reminder. We've gone from about 3.85% of members voting to about 11.54%, which is pretty good with this long still to go. Last year we were at about 10% with three days of voting left, and ended up over 25%.

Remember that you cannot vote for work you have written, published or edited.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 02:42:27 PM »
Is anyone in touch with BFS members Peter Mayfield or Frank Miles? The email addresses we have on record for them seem to be bouncing. I'll put a voting form in the post to them if necessary, but if anyone is able to ask them to get in touch with me that would be very helpful.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 09:22:45 AM »
Thanks to everyone who has voted. We're up to 14.96% now.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 06:32:32 AM »
I haven't heard from anyone who knows Peter or Frank, so I've sent each of them a letter with the voting link. Quite a few other email addresses were bouncing, but with all the others I was able to find a more recent address in my Gmail archive, and I re-sent the voting details to those addresses and asked our secretary to update our records.

I've also asked the FantasyCon team to send a reminder out to 2014 and 2015 attendees. If it hasn't arrived yet and you are ready to vote, have a look at the paper form (hint: read it to the bottom).

I think for next year I may ask if FantasyCon 2015 would be happy to provide me with the email addresses of attendees. I've tried to avoid that, but it would simplify things and it would mean we could provide FantasyCon attendees with individual PINs for voting, to improve voting security.

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 08:24:46 PM »
I'm afraid I only found out how to vote as a FCon attendee from you here, Stephen - so the current system there doesn't seem to be working.
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 06:58:13 AM »
2014 attendees were definitely sent an email about it on January 8 - it was the same email that announced the reduction in prices at the hotel. But there's always the chance of people's contact details going out of date in the year or two since they were originally taken by the 2014 convention organisers.

I'm not signed up for the 2015 convention, so I can't confirm what emails members have had, but I'm double checking now.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2015, 06:58:22 AM »
If you are a BFS member, a FantasyCon 2014 attendee or a FantasyCon 2015 attendee and our awards voting emails didn't reach you, please email me at bfsawards@britishfantasysociety.org and I'll email you the link to the voting form.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 08:56:20 AM »
BFS members and FantasyCon 2015 / FantasyCon 2014 attendees: it's your last day to vote in the British Fantasy Awards! Email me at bfsawards@britishfantasysociety.org for the voting link if you don't already have it.

Voting rates among BFS members currently stand at about 15.81%, which is a bit disappointing, but I hope it'll pick up by the end of the day. If not, you'll only have yourselves to blame when my daughters vote Mako Mermaids* onto the shortlist!

*They haven't voted yet, so I'm not revealing their votes. But they do love that show.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 11:15:03 AM »
About 17.5% of BFS members have now voted. We reached about 19%, 21% and 25% in 2012, 2013 and 2014, so we're not breaking any records, but we're approaching respectability. Keep it up! The categories all look very close, so every vote could tip the balance. Last year about two-thirds of the categories went to tie-breaks.

Offline UnsungStories

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Unsung Stories
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2015, 02:24:06 PM »
I've given people a prod on Twitter, will do the same on Facebook. I've not voted myself mainly because most of my 2014 reading was Unsung related and, well, you know... I'll put votes in for films and indie presses  at least though, I'm a bit more up-to-date with that.
With sorcery, as everyone knows, once it starts there's no stopping it.