Author Topic: Reviewers wanted!  (Read 1998 times)

Offline UnsungStories

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Unsung Stories
Reviewers wanted!
« on: April 01, 2015, 10:33:34 AM »
If you're a reviewer/blogger/booktuber interested in reviewing one of our books then we'd love to hear from you. If you are interested in reviewing our main list email us on info@unsungstories.co.uk. Let us know that you're BFS members so we know to be extra nice. You can also reply here, PM me, etc.

We are also looking out for reviewers for our digital list, Unsung Signals. Signals focuses on mid-length work - novellas, short story collections and long short stories - with a view to giving emerging authors a platform for their work. We have a mailing list for Signals reviewers, with new titles being sent out to these people first. You can sign up to the mailing list here - Unsung Signals reviewer list
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 10:56:58 AM by UnsungStories »
With sorcery, as everyone knows, once it starts there's no stopping it.

Offline Dave Brzeski

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
Re: Reviewers wanted!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 11:56:02 AM »
Not seeing a listing for Unsung Stories on Netgalley. What should I be looking for?

Edit: I just managed to find Dark Star, by searching on individual books. I see the other two are no longer available on Netgalley. For some reason, 'Unsung Stories' doesn't yet show up in the list of publishers.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:03:19 PM by David Brzeski »

Offline UnsungStories

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Unsung Stories
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 12:13:46 PM »
Interesting, I'll look into that then. Thanks for letting me know. I've just approved the request as well, I hope you enjoy it!

Offline Djibril

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Future Fire
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 10:32:09 PM »
Hi George, we don't use Netgalley, but if you'd like us to offer any of your titles to our reviews team in our next monthly mailing, drop me an email and I'll let you know if anyone asks to look at them. (We'll only ask you to send copies/provide e-copies if and when someone agrees to write a review.) Details and email address at http://reviews.futurefire.net/p/guidelines.html.

Offline Dave Brzeski

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 11:56:53 PM »
OK, there definitely seems to be a problem with your NetGalley account. You tell me you approved my request, but 'Dark Star' is listed as still pending. The 'Dark Star' page says I'm auto-approved. Unsung Stories is still not included in the "U" section of the alphabetical browse publishes list. The only way you can get to it is by searching on the book, then clicking on the publisher name (this is how I discovered that 'Déjà Vu' & 'The Beauty' were once on Netgalley, but are no longer available.
A few days ago, I received an email from NetGalley, telling me I'd been auto approved by Red Squirrel Publishing. Interestingly, when I browse publishers on Netgalley, they aren't listed under "R" either. When I look at my Auto Approved list on my NetGalley dashboard, there are two publishers listed & neither of them are Unsung Stories, or Red Squirrel Publishing. Having just googled them, I see Unsung Stories is indeed an imprint of Red Squirrel Publishing, but you don't seem to be currently browseable on NetGalley under either name. PLus, despite theoretically being auto approved, I still can't download 'Dark Star'.

Offline UnsungStories

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Unsung Stories
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 10:41:16 AM »
Ok, this is all VERY interesting. I checked this morning and saw you still sitting in the approval list despite having auto-approved you, as you say. We've also had many fewer requests for Dark Star compared to our other titles which has been bugging me. I'll get on to NetGalley now because it sounds like they've have done unpleasant things to the pooch. Thank you for all the details, I will use them wisely.

Offline UnsungStories

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Unsung Stories
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 10:58:02 AM »
I've added details to the original post about Unsung Signals, our new digital list for mid-length (5-30k words) work. This one is all about supporting emerging authors so fans of new talent and discovery, look up!