Author Topic: John Blanche signed prints  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Djibril

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Future Fire
John Blanche signed prints
« on: April 06, 2015, 07:20:47 PM »
I've just found a bunch of signed John Blanche prints in storage here. They look like 1980s White Dwarf magazine covers and similar (including the famous Amazonia Gothique, see below). Are they likely to be worth anything to anyone? (I don't mean remuneratively, I mean sentimentally—I mean, talk me out of just throwing them in the trash.  ;) )

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:00:00 PM by Djibril »

Offline Phil Lunt

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
  • BFS Chair, collector of Boojums
    • View Profile
Re: John Blanche signed prints
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 10:08:55 PM »
I've just found a bunch of signed John Blanche prints in storage here. They look like 1980s White Dwarf magazine covers and similar (including the famous Amazonia Gothique, see below). Are they likely to be worth anything to anyone? (I don't mean remuneratively, I mean sentimentally—I mean, talk me out of just throwing them in the trash.  ;) )

Only just spotted this. I'd be interested, I loved John Blanche's artwork when I was younger. Haven't had a good look at it in years though I still have a fair few FF books he illustrated...

Offline Djibril

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Future Fire
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 05:02:36 PM »
Hi Phil. Sure, I still have them lying about. What would be the easiest way to get them to you? I don't suppose you're in London (or likely to visit in the near future) are you?

Offline DarkFlights

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 02:14:17 PM »
How about seeing if anyone at White Dwarf or Games Workshop is interested? Their HQ's in Nottingham, so posting the prints wouldn't be a problem.
My partner has loads of old White Dwarf magazines; it's a shame they've gone all generic on their artwork now, there were some excellent pieces included in the older magazines.