Author Topic: Publicity Officer Role...  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Phil Lunt

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
  • BFS Chair, collector of Boojums
    • View Profile
Publicity Officer Role...
« on: April 22, 2015, 05:36:26 PM »
Afternoon all!

As I'm busy with Chair activities I've decided it's probably best to pass on the Publicity Officer mantle to someone with a bit more time. A BFS member has already approached me about it (prior to me deciding to step down from that particular role, if anything knowing there was interest from an experienced member spurred on my decision) but I feel it's best to open the doors and give other members the opportunity to step forward should anyone else be interested.

The ground needs to be hit running so I'll keep applications open for a week, until midnight April 29th. Should there be more interested parties then trial by combat shall be employed to decide the victor (one spell, one magic weapon per combatant; no demons, daemons or familiars; Queensbury Rules apply)

The basic overview of the role is as follows:
Publicity Officer

Committee post. In general individual committee members are responsible for promoting their own corners of the BFS. (For example writing up their own news items for the BFS website.) The object of the publicity co-ordinator is to spread the word about the society as a whole, and to provide support and advice where needed. PR experience useful. Must present (or provide if absent) an annual report to the AGM.

Should anyone have any questions, want to talk it over or actually apply then please fire me an email: chair@britishfantasysociety.org

Offline Phil Lunt

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
  • BFS Chair, collector of Boojums
    • View Profile
Re: Publicity Officer Role...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 10:10:05 AM »
Unfortunately, I didn't get my trial by combat... I had the arena set up, polished and freshly swept, too. Ah well, maybe next time...

So, please welcome Helen Armfield as our new Publicity Officer!  :)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 06:24:01 AM »
Thanks to Helen!

Offline UnsungStories

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Unsung Stories
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 04:53:06 PM »
Unfortunately, I didn't get my trial by combat... I had the arena set up, polished and freshly swept, too.
Probably for the best. That's a lot of safety pins to be stuck with. Also, congrats Helen!
With sorcery, as everyone knows, once it starts there's no stopping it.