Author Topic: 6th Chines Nebula Awards - soliciting help  (Read 874 times)

Offline David Gullen

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • davidgullen.com
6th Chines Nebula Awards - soliciting help
« on: August 28, 2015, 10:17:03 AM »
This is from Regina Kanyu Wang, from Shanghai, who some of you may know. (I interviewed her in the BSFA Vector magazine last winter)

It sounds to me like the BFS should have a flag at this con.

"The Award Ceremony of 6th Chinese Nebula Award is going to be held on October 17-18 in Chengdu. It aims to establish a Chinese style con, attracting hopefully thousands of participants.
We are going to have a flag array on site, so now we are calling for flag designs from all sff related organizations/associations/societies...! It is a great opportunity to "meet" the Chinese fans!
The flag will be 144 cm in width and 96 cm in height. You are responsible for designing your own flag. The size of your design should be 144cm X 96cm (landscape) and the lowest pixel should be 72 dpi. It is better for you to send us the original file (e.g. psd, ppt, doc, etc.). You can make your own design. We recommend that you have the name+logo+slogan of your organizations/association/societies... on the flag. If the attachment is too large, you could share it with me via dropbox. The dropbox account is wangkanyu(at)applecore.cc
Also, please write a short intro of about 150-250 words. (In English is fine. We will translate it into Chinese). This will be put on the programme book and website.
If you are interested in this, please send your design and intro to me, with the subject of "Flag+Name of organization". The sooner, the better. My mail box is wangkanyu(at)applecore.cc
Feel free to spread the news to your other friends. We will deal with the printing here and you do not need to pay anything. The more flags, the better! Looking forward to seeing your flags in Chengdu!"

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
Re: 6th Chines Nebula Awards - soliciting help
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 07:25:56 AM »
Thanks for telling us about this David, sounds great! I'll pass it on to the committee.