Author Topic: Developing Educational Resources  (Read 1357 times)

Offline AllenStroud

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Developing Educational Resources
« on: September 09, 2015, 08:42:00 pm »
Hi Folks.

I'm currently working on an educational website for School teachers to use who are teaching the AQA A-Level Creative Writing syllabus. As part of this programme, students get to write short stories as course work and ultra short stories as part of their exams.

I'm collating resources that teachers can use with their students and wondered if any writers here would like to contribute some of their work, or suggest good resources they have found on the internet?

All material will be correctly attributed and made available as pdf teaching resources to educators with an account on the site. If contributors want to take a look too, I'm more than happy for them to do so.

Any suggestions and creative contributions very welcome. I've found in the past its a real treat when students spend time studying your work.

Offline Djibril

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Future Fire
Re: Developing Educational Resources
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 08:46:13 pm »
I'm told that both the We See a Different Frontier and Accessing the Future anthologies (postcolonialism- and disability-themed SF/F respectively) have been taught at college level, although I think in literature/culture classes, rather than creative writing as far as I know. If you think there might be any interest in students looking at some of these materials as well, I could ask some of the authors if they'd be willing...

Offline joshua rainbird

• Whirlpool
  • Barbarian Monarch
  • Overlation stimuload...
    • View Profile
    • myspace/joshuarainbird
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 10:57:28 pm »
it's worth checking out the Open University's MOOCs on creative writing as it would show students what to expect at level 1 university
If wishes were horses then we'd all be eating steak.
Jayne Cobb, Firefly.

But ... if fishes were courses then we'd all be eating hake ...

Offline AllenStroud

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 08:56:21 pm »
Thanks Joshua. I teach a university BA, so I know what they should expect, but I'll certainly take a look at the OU's provision.