Author Topic: Star Wars -- No Spoilers  (Read 1144 times)

Offline robert eggleton

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Star Wars -- No Spoilers
« on: December 23, 2015, 05:17:17 PM »
Despite my desensitization to special effects, I still loved this new movie, "The Force Awakens." The fantasy elements seemed to overpower the science fiction for me. I guess that I'm getting old, but I now get more bang out of a thunder storm than an explosion or battle on films.

Offline Djibril

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Future Fire
Re: Star Wars -- No Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 06:28:32 PM »
I was sure the explosions and space fights were going to put me to sleep, but I loved the characters, and now I'm looking forward to see it again over the new year, and even the next films (which I thought I might give a miss since they were allegedly going to phase out the old characters to make room for the new) should be worth a watch.

I mean, it's not the 1977 movie I barely remember staring wide-eyed at in the theatre as a wee ’un, but it's no insult to it either. And yeah, apart from space ships and blasters, it is more fantasy than SF. No bad thing, eh.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
Re: Star Wars -- No Spoilers
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 07:54:43 AM »
Hard for the seventh film in any series to really knock your socks off, but I thought it did everything right. It felt like it had the same relationship to the prequel trilogy that series one of the new Who had to the TV movie; thanks for making all those mistakes so we can avoid them. Loved all the new characters.