Author Topic: Poetry event at Fantasy Con by the Sea hosted by Allen Ashley  (Read 925 times)

Offline Allen

• Forum Member
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
Poetry event at Fantasy Con by the Sea hosted by Allen Ashley
« on: August 26, 2016, 12:42:34 PM »
I am pleased to announce that I will once again be hosting the Poetry Round-Robin at this year’s Fantasy Con in Scarborough. Please note that in a break with tradition, this year’s poetry event will be on the SATURDAY evening rather than Friday.
I can confirm that the poetry round-robin will take place from 8pm to 10pm in The Circle event room in the Grand Hotel, Scarborough on Saturday 24 September 2016.
The format will be similar to previous years: I will act as host and will bookend the event; I will introduce each poet; I expect that each poet will get the chance to read at least twice – one poem in the first half and one poem in the second half; we will have a short interval partway through. Please bring two poems of up to 40 lines each. Please also bring a couple of spare poems in case we get time to go round again.
If you would like to read, please let me know either by adding your name in the comments here or by emailing me on my BFS address projects@britishfantasysociety.org