Author Topic: FantasyCon 2017  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
FantasyCon 2017
« on: November 12, 2016, 03:21:29 PM »
I gather it's in Peterborough next year -- please remember to keep us all posted on this forum.

Offline BFS_Events_Karen

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: FantasyCon 2017
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 07:01:40 PM »
Apologies for not updating on here as well.  I have now added the forum on my phone so hopefully will do better going forward!

The British Fantasy Society's Annual Convention in 2017 is being run by HWS Events on 29th September to 1st October,  at the Bull Hotel in Peterborough.

We hope you will join us for a weekend of all things Fantasy & Horror.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 02:09:22 PM by BFS_Events_Karen »

Offline David A. Riley

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • rileybooks
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 11:40:41 PM »
Doesn't look like the BFS Forum is, in actual fact, the right place to discuss FantasyCon. It's all but dead here.

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 12:09:13 PM »
I know David -- but what is the answer? Facebook is okay but not everyone is on FB, same as Twitter, etc, etc. Perhaps the weekly (!) BFS newsletter needs to promote this feature...

But since this discussion started on FB I had my say there. Perhaps the organisers could post specific questions on the forum...

Offline Djibril

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Future Fire
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 03:24:42 PM »
I second the request to keep bringing announcements and discussion here to the forums, for those of us who are not on FB and similar. It may not be worth putting a huge effort into driving discussion on here, given the relatively low traffic, but popping in every now and again to keep an eye out for any comments shouldn't be too hard? (IIRC you can subscribe to emails reminders from a given thread, can't you?)

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 09:49:16 AM »
I second the request to keep bringing announcements and discussion here to the forums, for those of us who are not on FB and similar. It may not be worth putting a huge effort into driving discussion on here, given the relatively low traffic, but popping in every now and again to keep an eye out for any comments shouldn't be too hard? (IIRC you can subscribe to emails reminders from a given thread, can't you?)

Agreed

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 12:25:49 PM »
For those not on Facebook (and I assume Twitter) there have been new details re. FantasyCon 2017 on the website:

https://www.hwsevents.co.uk/copy-of-lavecon-general-information-1

Offline BFS_Events_Karen

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 02:03:34 PM »
I have added a couple of new topic threads with announcements on this forum...  hopefully your are all following  :)

Offline AllenStroud

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 10:38:50 AM »
A new discussion on the Facebook group has been posted in relation to launches. Here it is in full:

---
Okay, next discussion up - Launches.

There have been a number of expressions of interest on this. We've a limited capacity, but we're doing our best to accommodate them all. We also want the launch experiences to be good for the writers in attracting numbers of people interested or just discovering their work.
What we'd like to do in addition to this is a series of podcast interviews with writers of new works that we record over the coming weeks. These will all be promoted and released through the event website and mailing list to make people aware of what great new works will be available at Fantasycon.

I'll be doing these interviews myself and would like to record them via Skype. During May-July.

Interested? Thoughts?
---

I'll be reading and responding to replies here as well as on the Facebook group.

Offline AllenStroud

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 12:02:34 PM »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:50:27 PM by AllenStroud »