Author Topic: Hi, everyone!  (Read 485 times)

Offline G. V. Anderson

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • twitter
Hi, everyone!
« on: December 15, 2016, 10:20:25 AM »
Hi, I'm Gemma. I write fantasy and science fiction - short stuff for now, but I'm working on a novel. I'm not a BFS member but hope to be sometime soon. In the meantime, these forums look fun!

Offline Djibril

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Future Fire
Re: Hi, everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 11:10:02 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Gemma, and good luck with your novel!

It's a bit quiet ’round here at the moment, but when we can get people along they can be fun. Tell us more about the kind of SF/F you write?

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 04:26:29 PM »
Yes, welcome to the BFS forums! They can be quite thrilling at times, though I wonder if that might happen less often now we have an ignore function..!

If it's something you would be interested in, the submission guidelines for BFS publications are here – BFS Horizons publishes short stories and poetry, and there's also an anthology coming up called Emerging Horizons, which I think is only open to previously unpublished BFS members.

Offline G. V. Anderson

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 04:40:08 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Gemma, and good luck with your novel! It's a bit quiet ’round here at the moment, but when we can get people along they can be fun. Tell us more about the kind of SF/F you write?

Hello Djibril, it's nice to meet you! I lean more towards moody historical fantasy, with science fiction and horror blended in. A short story of mine appeared in this week's issue of Strange Horions, and I think that's a pretty good indication of what I like to write. :)

Yes, welcome to the BFS forums! [...] If it's something you would be interested in, the submission guidelines for BFS publications are here – BFS Horizons publishes short stories and poetry, and there's also an anthology coming up called Emerging Horizons, which I think is only open to previously unpublished BFS members.

Thanks for the welcome, Stephen, and for the information -- much appreciated!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 04:46:59 PM by G. V. Anderson »

Offline Djibril

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • The Future Fire
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 03:27:52 PM »
A short story of mine appeared in this week's issue of Strange Horions, and I think that's a pretty good indication of what I like to write. :)

Thanks for that link. I enjoyed “Das Steingeschöpf” very much. Powerful, dark, and moodily historical, exactly as you said. :) Congratulations on a high quality publication like Strange Horizons.

Offline Johan Fundin

• Initiate
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
    • FantastikThrillerSpace
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 10:07:28 PM »
Welcome, Gemma. I'm quite new myself here. Good luck with your novel.

Offline G. V. Anderson

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 08:47:38 AM »
Thanks for that link. I enjoyed “Das Steingeschöpf” very much. Powerful, dark, and moodily historical, exactly as you said. :) Congratulations on a high quality publication like Strange Horizons.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it! :)

Thank you, Johan!

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 10:47:07 AM »
Congratulations on the World Fantasy Award nomination!